Some Sellers just crank me right off!

Pardon me while I rant............

Sold an item to another Seller, they paid one day after auction end. 

I quote up to three business days to post after receiving payment (allowing for the fact that life and work can cause dalays).

I posted on second business day after payment received (there was a weekend so four days from payment to post as it was parcel with tracking so had to go into the post office).

Item arrives in Brisbane exactly 7 days after it left Perth.  Not brilliant but, pretty standard given the distance and out of my control once the PO has it.

Buyer (the Seller in question) hits me with a defect for postage time!

What hope have we got as Sellers if we're all more than happy to just slip the knife into each other.

I feel a little better now.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Some Sellers just crank me right off!

......and because I'm not a complete psychotic, even though I went there when I saw the defect, I still left them a very positive FB comment based on the transaction itself and not based on my rabid, lunatic rantings in response to the defect.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Yes -  I post same day or following business day, ALWAYS, and I still get complaints. 

Nearly all of my postage complaints have come from people buying on a Friday / Saturday.

Not too bright, some people. I guess they think AusPost works on the weekend AND Im personally responsible for any delays in their system. 

NO ONE seems to reads the estimated delivery times (sometimes thats a good thing since half the time they are wrong).

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Isn't that like a doctor being the wrost patient.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Speaking of crank - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9WN_9D2nY    Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

The problem is, eBay has become too complicated.  It should have just stayed simple, now it's got too much happening and is causing many sellers headaches as they try and deal with it.  So much time is wasted now.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@transport-posters wrote:

The problem is, eBay has become too complicated.  It should have just stayed simple, now it's got too much happening and is causing many sellers headaches as they try and deal with it.  So much time is wasted now.

I think the new platform is great. If you have customers complaining about delivery time now, you should have been in the game back in 2006 when they didn't display the estimated time of arrival. I had complaints on a daily basis, now however, I would get 2 enquiries a week.

Put yourself in their shoes, would you be happy if the seller was too relaxed? I post at 4.30PM hail, rain or shine.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I agree.  It's a bit much.  Fair enough if there was a real problem but this kind smells a bit funny.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

While it's true I took a couple of issues with the way this study was conducted, and therefore it's conclusions (referring to the study mentioned a couple of weeks ago here: http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Liar-Buyer-Fraud-Article/m-p/1730988#M96183 ), it does at the very least suggest when people have something done to them, there's a few who will take that as justification to do it (or something similar) to someone else, so I wonder if we might not see some form of revenge DSRs happening at times, from disgruntled sellers. 

I do not mean that in any way shape or form as a defense for anyone who does it, nor even an excuse, just thinking out loud (in a sense 😄 ) of a possible explanation for sellers who are fully aware of Aus Post transit times, what handling time means, and the effect of a low DSR. 

Then again, having selling experience doesn't necessarily mean one is in touch with the cold, hard realities of what it involves. Smiley LOL

(I feel your pain, at any rate - had another seller with a store leave me nearly 30 individual low star ratings on description for every item they purchased. And no, I will probably never get over it, in the sense that I can move on, but I will never forget...)

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply