Some of my items im selling do not comply with Aus laws however are perfectly legal in US and UK. If

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Some of my items im selling do not comply with Aus laws however are perfectly legal in US and UK

If there was a question, you have answered it, in a way, already.

They do not comply with Australian laws.

You would not be able to list those items here, to be sold here. eBay Australia is required to comply with Australian laws.

You may not be able to import them, either. So, if you were thinking of having stock here, but selling them overseas, on eBay U.S. or U.K., that may well be a stumbling block for you too.

I would contact customs about that, and eBay support is top right, contact eBay.

Be very careful about following the rules...not following them can result in suspension from eBay. I am not going to look at what you are selling, but if they are not legal here, that could cause you further issues, if you see what I mean.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: Some of my items im selling do not comply with Aus laws however are perfectly legal in US and UK

Can't see why yopu can't sell any of that, unless of course they come with contents?

What's illlegal about marble, chess sets, ash trays and *cough*tobacco*cough* holders?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the quick replies, however... maybe shouldve elaborated abit more on the so called "illegal Items". Items are perfectly legal in Australia and are sold and used in every state and territory. However it is categorised by ebay Aust as drug paraphanilia... 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

That's funny, 'cos I bought my last 'herb grinder' through ebay only a few months ago. Go figure!
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

the items im speaking of are not my currently listed items.... They have been removed ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

eBay makes its own rules here.

I was selling a dvd titled 'How To Make Money Selling Drugs' which eBay removed because it promoted illegal activity, however it is a doco that had a theatrical release and is available at many retail stores.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Laughing!

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hi

You mean ebay comply with Australian laws such as

1) Registering for GST

2) Transfer pricing and paying appropriate company tax

3) not engaing in anti competative conduct and exploiting quasi monopoly pricing

Rules and behaviour standard only apply one way.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply