Some questions for store owners

I am toying with the idea of opening a store (not on this ID obviously)  to help minimise fees and reliance on bonus freebies. Just a few questions for the experts please?

When you open a store do ALL your listings go into the store or only the ones you allocate?

Do Auction items show in the store?

If I open a store, should I use up my 40 freebies first, or will they be deducted from the monthly store allocation anyway?

Does it detract from a store having mixed goods in it?  Can you use the store only for a specific product range and keep all your other mixed goods separate as general listings, or do you need a separate ID for that?

Do I really want to open a new ID with all this 21 day hold nonsense going on?

Would opening a store affect me in regard to the 21 day hold?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

-a basic store is going to cost you 20.00 you will receive 200 BIN listing free each month. it would depend on how many item you have to list and whether it is viable.
-all your items will go into the store. you can't select what does and what doesn't.
-all listings will show in the store
-i don't think people care what item are in the store
-i wouldn't be starting a new ID if you don't have to.
- why not try a store for a month and see how it goes. you can always close it down.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

In addition to above, on opening a store you no longer get the 40 free auctions.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Okay, so it's the first of the month and I've just been given 40 freebies. If I use these now, then open a store, will I get 200 freebies for the store, or only 160?
Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

use your 40 freebies first. When you open the store you will get you 200. Then you lose the 40 a month as Poppy said
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks guys, might give it a go and see.
Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Good luck, make sure you read up on it first and work out if the cost of the shop outweighs the saving on free listings. remember auctions are not included in store free listings.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Good luck, make sure you read up on it first and work out if the cost of the shop outweighs the saving on free listings. remember auctions are not included in store free listings.

Whilst that is generally correct, auctions are included in the store free listings for those which are in the collectibles category.

Ad astra per alia porci — To the stars on the wings of a pig
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Most craft categories come under Collectibles, strange as it sounds.  So if you're selling craft items you'll get free auction listings, but you'll also pay higher selling fees on collectibles (auction or not).  The selling fees with a basic store are 9.5% if you're listing in collectables.

All new sellers are subject to the same restrictions, regardless of whether they're a store or not.  They "should" lift a lot of the restrictions if you have another established ID and you contact them, but some people still have problems with this.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply