Someone wants to bid on my item but tells me they are banned because of unpaid items.

elna001
Community Member

They sent me an email saying "...can you add me to your buyers list..." as it appears they have been banned because of unpaid items.  Not sure what to do.  Can't even find a "buyers list" on the website.  Can find a sellers list.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Someone wants to bid on my item but tells me they are banned because of unpaid items.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOO  do not want.gif

Tell them, sorry, but no.

It's asking for trouble IMO.

Especailly if they admitted they're a non payer.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Are you very sure you would want to sell to a person who is quite likely not going to pay?

It would be in your own settings, there is a box there to tick if a seller does not want to sell to serial non-payers

There is also an exclusions list somewhere, where a seller can 'add a name' that would usually be blocked

I'm afraid I am not sure where to find that though as I have never used it

If it were me and a serial non-payer wanted to buy from me, it would be just too bad

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You can add the buyer to your exemption list.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderPermitLogin

But they are blocked for usually good reason.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOOOO  do not want.gif

Tell them, sorry, but no.

It's asking for trouble IMO.

Especailly if they admitted they're a non payer.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Could be because they once bought several items from a seller whom didn't combine for a discount on postage.

Then seller opting to do unpaids instead of cancelling.

I think if the potential buyer has taken the time to message then they probably really want the item.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for this advice.  My gut instinct was not to let them bid, I found the settings that I had originally set up years ago in "site preferences", but had forgotten I had done it! 

This person kept sending me emails, one at 2am with sob stories, trying to make me feel mean for blocking a non-payer.  I gave them the benefit of a doubt and lifted the ban to 4 unpaid items and they still couldn't bid, so they had more than 4 unpaid items in a month!  So I thought - no, I don't want to do business with this person, it will only waste time and hold up my item when I want to re-list it.  I also thought that they may leave negative feedback for me and spoil my 100% rating.

I appreciate you taking the time to advise me, thank you very much.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I found the settings under "site preferences"thank you.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@elna001 wrote:

Thank you for this advice.  My gut instinct was not to let them bid, I found the settings that I had originally set up years ago in "site preferences", but had forgotten I had done it! 

This person kept sending me emails, one at 2am with sob stories, trying to make me feel mean for blocking a non-payer.  I gave them the benefit of a doubt and lifted the ban to 4 unpaid items and they still couldn't bid, so they had more than 4 unpaid items in a month!  So I thought - no, I don't want to do business with this person, it will only waste time and hold up my item when I want to re-list it.  I also thought that they may leave negative feedback for me and spoil my 100% rating.

I appreciate you taking the time to advise me, thank you very much.

I fell for a sob story once and it finished up costing me $800.  Stick with your gut feelings

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

A buyer might be able to factually explain one or two strikes and a seller might be prepared to give them a go based on that explanation, but 4 unpaid items in a month plus sob stories, trying to make you feel mean, that's another thing. That's manipulative.

I think it is just as well you kept the block in place because at least this is one buyer who is realising there are consequences.

But also, even if you had lifted the ban, this is a buyer who obviously has second thoughts, who goes cold about items on a regular basis. She might very well have paid then changed her mind a bit by the time it arrived and found something to complain about.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Edit your buying requirements to include  blocking his messages

block messages.JPG

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply