Something weird happened to word "buy" in my feedback

Just had a look at my feedback and noticed one comment that had the word "buy" in it looked different - the word "buy" was in blue font.

I clicked on - yes I know I should not have but curiosity got the better of me.  A website came up which is a tracking site - FourX or something - can't remember and have deleted it from History.  I have the "WOT" program installed which didn't allow me to go into website and showed website had a very poor reputation so go out quick smart and about to do a virus scan, although pretty sure all is OK.

Has anyody else had this happen - seems very strange indeed!!!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Something weird happened to word "buy" in my feedback

I've had this happen to me recently and could only see it on one of my computers and it did not show up on all  browsers, all spyware was up to date, ran scans etc, then it turned out a program was installed that causes this, it can be removed by deleting it through the windows control panel.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I've had this happen to me recently and could only see it on one of my computers and it did not show up on all  browsers, all spyware was up to date, ran scans etc, then it turned out a program was installed that causes this, it can be removed by deleting it through the windows control panel.

They can also worm their way into browsers via extensions and add ons... 

There is nothing wrong with the free AV software, but a lot of them can't pick up Malware automatically, you have to do a scan (assuming that your AV software has the function to scan for Malware) AV software is primarily for viruses which Malware isn't.. 

I agree with DG's suggestion of Malware Bytes... If that doesn't get it then try HItman Pro.. It's not free but you get a 30 day trial period

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry for not returning earlier to say thanks for all your replies and suggestions.  Couldn't get into Discussion list last night - think there was a glitch.

I ran the scan and two trojans were found and deleted so don't know if they were the problems.

I'll also try your suggestion DG with Malware Bytes.

I know it wasn't the person who left the feedback.  Yes, it was the person you thought. Bump.  They are very nice and the feedback was due to a mix-up - it's all good.  I didn't leave a follow up as I never overcharge for postage, and didn't want to draw attention to it - it will soon be on the next page if sales pick up :^O.

Did a scan with Malware Bytes and nothing found.

Thanks for letting me know about that program DG.