Soooo.... this just arrived

This was delivered 5 minutes ago.

Bright red box with Ebay all over it.

Open it up to find 6 rolls of tape.

The message basically says that Ebay are creating a range of packaging, (boxes, tape) and they are sharing the first round with sellers.

Seriosuly, as if I'm going to send something off with Ebay all over it - in my opinion it's just something that would attract the eye of thieves.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

sneaky and smart little way to advertise themselves.

me personally would NOT use it.

Had to come back and edit this..just had a thought. list them on ebay LOLMan LOL

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Yep, does'nt half scream "Steal me,kick me,lose me" 

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

I scored 18 rolls of the tape.  Anyone want to buy them as I don't even go through 1 roll of packing tape per year as most of my sales go in envelopes.  Wish they saved money on sending me the tape and fixed up these glitches that are going on.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

# 302107320481

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

Now we know where our seller fees go - into the design, production and distribution of this nonsense.

Basically the seller fees I have paid have enabled them to send me this "complimentary" product.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

Complimentary Christmas carp

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

This was delivered 5 minutes ago.

Bright red box with Ebay all over it.

Open it up to find 6 rolls of tape.

The message basically says that Ebay are creating a range of packaging, (boxes, tape) and they are sharing the first round with sellers.

Seriosuly, as if I'm going to send something off with Ebay all over it - in my opinion it's just something that would attract the eye of thieves.

Most eBay branded satchels seem to go through the system okay. And I seem to recall a similar panic about how it would lead to theft. Given the only people likely to have access to the items would be AP employees/contractors why would you think they have a greater incentive to steal than they already do?

Why look a small crumb gift horse from eBay in the mouth?

I prefer to channel my energy into things I can control, like maybe not using the free gift. If I had been one of the select few, which I'm not.

Talk about a storm in a teacup.

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

I was wondering if/when eBay would introduce this stuff in Oz.

http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-Supplies (eBay's US store for shipping supplies, over 70k FB received since opening earlier in the year, so someone could always ask on the US boards of they noticed an increase in missing packages when they started using them, just for some anecdotal insight). 

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Why would an ebay parcel be more attractive to thieves than any other parcel, and why would AP staff hate ebay & ebay sellers so much when it's ebay parcels that keep them in a job?

People who sell overseas happily put a customs sticker on the parcel listing the contents and their value, which would be far more tempting to potential thieves than ebay tape. Seriously!!
Message 10 of 44
Latest reply