Sooooo slow and clunky page loading

For the last couple of weeks ebays pages have been VERY clunky and slow loading . All other (non ebay) pages I go to load fine ....just my ebay pages. 

Anyone else getting this?  I have cleared cookies and history etc but no difference. I notice in the bottom left hand side when pages are loading the amount advertising and tracking sites the page goes to when loading is rediculous. 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Sooooo slow and clunky page loading

mp9ab
Community Member

same here slow , and it seems obvious that it is all the ads that no one reads that are slowing it down badly ,started a couple of weeks ago ,sometimes its unusable . only ebay is loading slowly  nothing else is , you can see in the bottom left corner  it says waiting to load whatever,  it needs to be fixed,  it has nothing to do with clearing cache

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

@mp9ab wrote:

same here slow , and it seems obvious that it is all the ads that no one reads that are slowing it down badly ,started a couple of weeks ago ,sometimes its unusable . only ebay is loading slowly  nothing else is , you can see in the bottom left corner  it says waiting to load whatever,  it needs to be fixed,  it has nothing to do with clearing cache

Then try the adblock plus download on your browser, it seemed to work fo the last few posters...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

Yep I can confirm adblock plus totally fixes this issue.  I was skeptical at first, but when IE also had the issue I know it wasn't just my chrome installation at fault.  Its pathetic that eBay AU has allowed so many ads that it locks up peoples PCs.  Mine would freeze chrome for 10-20s every page change enven "back".  Do they not even use/test their own website?  Seems they're too busy raking in the fees.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

AdBlock work perfectly! My ebay is running as smooth as ever now.....so grateful for the advice I got on this forum a couple of weeks ago about this issue.  Do it, you won't be sorry

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

Then why even bother replying?
Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

@sylvael2002 wrote:

....................That begs the question, why did you reply?        "Pot / Kettle"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

...and over 3 months later...

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

@sylvael2002 wrote:

If I wore a tin foil hat, I'd think that looked like a personal attack on me. Decide to use 2 different accounts to have a go at me?

To answer your question, it's a public forum and if I want to reply to something I will. Problem? 

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you lane-ends. AdBlock works a treat. You have saved my sanity.
Message 29 of 29
Latest reply