Stop ppl selling toilet paper and hand sanitizer at exorbitant prices, disgusting

st_290749
Community Member

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Stop ppl selling toilet paper and hand sanitizer at exorbitant prices, disgusting

None of the board members can stop anybody doing anything. We can't even stop people starting the 20th thread about this.

If you want info, either complain to eBay or read the other 19 threads.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

This has been brought to the attention of eBay - I put up a thread and also sent a message to eBaty direct to their policy anouncer. They just delete and ignore it. Seems their policy re price gouging and exploiitation is fake like most things these days, as they have a public image which they like to portray, but they don't act on it as they are profiteering from these unscrupulous sellers, who are also clearing out our grocery stores and re-selling at outrageous prices and/or starting bidding wars,

I suggest you report eBay and the sellers to your Member of Parliament and your State Government ombudsman/ Department.

In the USA at least Amazon acted in this case. In Australia - greed is God these days and platforms and sites like eBay have zero conscience and gladly ignore and profit from thisi pandemic, leaving a lot of unfortunate people without the basics.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/technology/coronavirus-purell-wipes-amazon-sellers.amp.html?0p19G...

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Also alert the media. Ebay don't like advers publicity.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Instead of complaining try reporting the listings instead so that they get removed.

Report them via the Report item link tha's above the item number.

Then use the drop down boxes Listing practices > Fraudulent listing activities > You suspect that a listing is

fraudulent.

Just ignore what it says underneath the box and click on the Submit report.

Just make certain you only report the profiteers that use the auction format as there are geneuine sellers

on here who use the BIN system.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

There exists a plethora of topics concerning this subject already - it's simply pointless starting this new one.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Does ebay pay you? You back them up on every occassion.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

eBay do not give a rats toss about listings that exploit the current availaibilty of essential households items.

The same as they openly encourage the sale of counterfeit products on their pages.

At some stage, some governmental authority will have the balls to make take eBay account for their fostering of illegal internal trade of counterfeit products, and facilitating the exploitation of the undepriveldged. though price gouging.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

Does ebay pay you? You back them up on every occassion.

No.

I don't. There are plenty of things wrong with eBay, but I can't see any point in bleating about them on the boards. The ones eBay don't read. It's their sandpit, they make the rules.

I can't see anywhere in this thread that I backed eBay. All I did was mention that there are already myriad threads about the issue and that the people who complain here should utilise their energy effectively. Which adding yet another thread isn't.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

While sellers might be listing items at ridiculous prices, doesn't mean they are selling them. Yes, there have been auctions ending with insane pricetags, but I can tell you with absolute certainty, the items didn't really sell. 

Reason being, a lot of them had bidders with zero feedback and new accounts. Most of them would have been seller accounts, or friends of the seller, bumping the prices up in the hope that the media would pick up on their listing, and it would get a mention on the nightly news. Giving the morons their 5 minutes of fame.

Others would just be random buyers having a bit of fun at the seller's expense. They enjoyed increasing the price to ridiculous amounts, with no intention of paying. If the seller doesn't know to cancel or open an UPI, then they get hit with a rather hefty invoice.

While you can go through the sold listings and see that a lot of "sold" for increased, or ridiculous prices, 99% would never have left the seller's house.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply