Stupid mistake.

go-tazz
Community Member

On my other account I've just discovered someone swapped a DVD out for another after going to pack as it sold.
I will be send 2 others that I have here that they can do with as they wish.
One of which will be in the paper cover of the swapped one to show that the cover is no good to me without the DVD.
I've been selling DVD for years and made a stupid rookie mistake of not checking the title (only checked that the DVD wasn't scratched).
I've also discovered that 2 other early ones that I planned to sell later have been swapped out

So will be giving a full refund as well as sending a message informing them as to what's happened.
Is hat the best way of doing it or is there a better way?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Stupid mistake.

Do whatever you are comfortable with.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

I don't think you can do much more than that Taz and as a buyer I'd be happy with your response. But I wonder if the swapped-out ones came from the same source, maybe the CD's are all there, but mixed up ?

Spoiler
I'm betting you've already thought of that though.    original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

Hi Taz,  I once had a similar problem, not Cd,s , but detected an undeclared fault prior to shipping.  To minimise the risk of a neg etc,

I contacted the buyer with a number of  options they could choose from, cancel, alternative items, extra, discounts, etc.  That way they got to make their choice.  Which they did, were more than happy and left Pos.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

go-tazz, that's one of those issues which can so easily happen. I like your solutions, although I think gutterpunkz has it down perfectly. If you were to offer the buyer a number of options, but outlining your default (the solutions you've mentioned) if you don't hear to the contrary by such-and-such a time/date, it gives the buyer a feeling of being involved and having that degree of control in the process.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Stupid mistake.

Do whatever you are comfortable with.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

I don't think you can do much more than that Taz and as a buyer I'd be happy with your response. But I wonder if the swapped-out ones came from the same source, maybe the CD's are all there, but mixed up ?

Spoiler

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

Hi Taz,  I once had a similar problem, not Cd,s , but detected an undeclared fault prior to shipping.  To minimise the risk of a neg etc,

I contacted the buyer with a number of  options they could choose from, cancel, alternative items, extra, discounts, etc.  That way they got to make their choice.  Which they did, were more than happy and left Pos.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

go-tazz, that's one of those issues which can so easily happen. I like your solutions, although I think gutterpunkz has it down perfectly. If you were to offer the buyer a number of options, but outlining your default (the solutions you've mentioned) if you don't hear to the contrary by such-and-such a time/date, it gives the buyer a feeling of being involved and having that degree of control in the process.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

@padi*0409 wrote:

Spoiler

That's how I discovered the other 2 that were changed and they will now be sold without paper covers as I don't

have them.good.gif

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Stupid mistake.

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

That's why I'll post the 2 others in one envelope tomorrow to give the buyer a chance for a reply before that as

they may have another option maybe.Who knows.gif

@countessalmirena wrote:

Thanks ( I'll leave it the way it is then and see if they reply before I go into town tomorrow).give_rose.gif

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply