Supicious Address

I am Selling for the first time and I believe this Address seems Suspicious and The Payment i Have received has been put On Hold

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Supicious Address

You have said you are selling for the first time, so natutally your payment has been put on hold

those are the rules for ALL name sellers, 21 day hold on funds

Have you done a Google search on the address, or sent the buyer a message to double check on it?

How long has the buyer been on eBay for?

You are not allowed to post people's personal information on the forum

If it is a genuine address of a genuine buyer, I cannot imagine they will appreciate you giving out their information on a public forum for anyone in the world to see

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Supicious Address

You have said you are selling for the first time, so natutally your payment has been put on hold

those are the rules for ALL name sellers, 21 day hold on funds

Have you done a Google search on the address, or sent the buyer a message to double check on it?

How long has the buyer been on eBay for?

You are not allowed to post people's personal information on the forum

If it is a genuine address of a genuine buyer, I cannot imagine they will appreciate you giving out their information on a public forum for anyone in the world to see

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

I have done a Google Search of the Address
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

What was the result?

You asked the question, so is it suspicious or not? In that it doesn't exist?

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

Still looks very Suspicious to me looks like an old abandoned Warehouse and there's plenty of posts about That address being a Scam when you Include Ebay in the Google Search. Wouls show photos but it won't let me add to my comment
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

I also asked for his full name and it was completely different than the name on his address and he's already asking when Is the card gettinf posted and needs the Card in a Hurry when I only agreed to sell the card yesterday and i'm from Australia meaning it's going to take a few weeks to send it to him anyway so why the rush
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

Is the buyer overseas? If you are concerned I would cancel the sale and use the reason "problem with buyer's address" then you will receive a credit for your final value fees.   As the payment is on hold, don't refund, let the cancellation process take its course.  

did the buyer ask to send to an address different to the PayPal address?  If so,  DO NOT post to any address other than the PayPal address if you go ahead with the transaction

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

Seriously, the first item you sold was for $3,000, to an overseas buyer. Are they in the US? If not, which country? I would be EXTREMELY reluctant to send that overseas, especially if you are already concerned. That is a lot of money to lose when a buyer claims non arrival or not as described. I would think very seriously about cancelling, as already suggested. 

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

It would have been very helpful to mention all that in your original post to start with

Fellow buyers and sellers cannot give proper advise if we are simply told ‘suspicious address’

Had you mentioned all the things you added later on, we would have said cancel ASAP  with the address being the reason for doing so you put as the reason for the cancellation 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Supicious Address

@sandypebbles wrote:

It would have been very helpful to mention all that in your original post to start with

Fellow buyers and sellers cannot give proper advise if we are simply told ‘suspicious address’

Had you mentioned all the things you added later on, we would have said cancel ASAP  with the address being the reason for doing so you put as the reason for the cancellation 

The OP's post has been edited by the moderators.

It originally showed the full name and address, so made a bit more sense then.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply