Suspect i am being scammed for my Item please help/

traclkes
Community Member

Hi I am not a power seller or a store I just sell stuff to make extra cash, I listed a Nintendo 64 on ebay it sold however the buyer became an unregistered buyer during the transaction they have emailed me asking me to ship my item  which I won't do until i have recieved paymemt (which I haven't), however I have receieved several I suspect fake emails saying Ebay and Paypal have confirmed payment even though nothings appeareaed on my bank account, also whats different  is the address of the auction winner to the person who is contacting me by email she wan't me to now send it to Lagos Nigeria, which for obvious reasons is making me a little suspect, I was wondering if I can just enter an unpaid item dispute right now and cancel this transaction?, it's already been 2 days even the reason she's buying my Item sounds like a scam, Am sorry i didnt inform you I precisely purchased the item on behalf of a folk of mine in West Africa who has been transferred to serve as a missionary in Nigeria, that is the most cliched scam ever used I am not stupid I am not sending my item to this person, I will wait till thursday to see if they will pay and let me ship to original address if not forget it, I was wondering what other steps I can take on this and what will happen if I just use the dispute claim option?.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Suspect i am being scammed for my Item please help/

Yes it is a scam and there has not been any payment made.

Do not reply to them any more and add their email address to your blocked list.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It is most definitely a scam, possibly a hijacked account as well. Definitely DON'T send - your instincts have served you well.

Somewhere on these boards there is a thread about hijacked accounts, "hijack hunters" I think it is called, worth having a look I suspect.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@traclkes wrote:

I will wait till thursday to see if they will pay and let me ship to original address if not forget it, I was wondering what other steps I can take on this and what will happen if I just use the dispute claim option?.

They will not pay - they can't go through the eBay checkout anyway, and if by some chance they send a real payment, it will be funded by a stolen credit card. As the buyer is de-registered, you should be able to open and close the case straight away. 

Be aware of spoof or phishing emails, and run a full scan on your computer as a precautionary measure.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Well done on spotting the scam!

This username has also bid on 3 laptops, 2 phones and clothes so that sounds like an ATO.

Report the messages to eBay as they will be the only ones to warn other sellers who may not be as alert as you.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

This gives you the full run down on the scam.

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/nigeria-is-a-scam/10000000016952077/g.html

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply