TO EXPENSIVE

I think its time for a new Auction site, Unfortunately Ebay has become. to expensive with its loading fees, selling fees and Paypal fees, the small seller does not have a chance against the multi nationals, BRING BACK SOLD.COM or similar . Just saying Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

TO EXPENSIVE

There are plenty of other places to list but no one uses them because everyone knows ebay has the most listings and the most traffic.

I have been with a Swapmeet type site and a Sell Bid and Buy type site that sprung up after Quicksales died  but they have very few listings.

Google is your friend to find other sites but dont expect the same sales rate or flow through.  

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

That's the problem,there is no other site that can even compete with ebay lol.

I have been on another e site for nearly 3 years and have only had 7 sales lol and that site has no bloody fees at all but buyers don't seem to have a look in lol.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

I also listed some items on a Swapmeet type site. It was supposed to be the new competition for eBay. They were planning on doing a whole heap of national advertising, but I don't think it ever happened. I sold one thing. I don't even know if my remaining items are still listed, or even if the site still exists. It's been so long since I checked it.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

I wouldn't sell on gumtree despite it's own by eBay, too many timewasters, no seller protection, buyers that won't communicate. 

I have had too many horror stories on gumtree and I could write up forever which I won't. Personally I wish eBay would shut down Gumtree.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

Plenty of online auction sites, be prepared to pay about 22% commission, unless you can negotiate a discount.

Now ebay dosn't look so bad.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

More than happy to pay eBay approx 10% and Paypal approx 3%.

Cheap, compared to many other methods of selling IF ONLY they had the customers to justify it and some more generally competent programmers and customer service...

Sometimes eBay does, sometimes they don't these days, September-October has been a tough grind for sales, for example...

Advertising helps, helps a lot, can't say I've seen much eBay advertising on the TV lately, what there was, was rubbish compared to their main rivals Australian advertising..

Some obscure thought bubbles from Shane Warne, from memory, where their rivals ad was straight to the point...

Sigh, will be interesting to see eBay's third quarter results and their stock price is at a low ebb at the moment and has never paid a dividend to shareholders...

A good idea, badly run at present and hurting both buying and selling instead of helping.

Time to move on Devin, you reign has been a shocker.

You will never start with an A, stop trying to be like them.. As for their disputes with Paypal - compromise would work wonders, not Ayden and a new payment system when everyone has got used to Paypal.. Greed and ego rules again..

However, eBay is still one of the best Australian venues, if you have the stock that suits it...

Just could be better, but there is too much greed at the top, like most big companies..

Buying that stock for eBay at an amount you can make a quid reselling it, whilst still  pricing it realistically, has always been the trick.

You want to know the trick, it is this for most of us: work and learn your field, which can take many years...

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

If every seller went to the other e site which has no fees at all except PayPal if you use it then there would be traffic coming through to make sales but unfortunately there isn't enough sellers with the good coins selling over there so no traffic just plenty of views though lol.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

It would be beneficial to find ways to increase profit while decreasing costs. I am not sure that bringing back a particular domain name will do the trick, but possibly the inspirational image below will lead the way forward.

To expensive and beyond

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

TO EXPENSIVE

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@shassaz-atic wrote:

I think its time for a new Auction site, Unfortunately Ebay has become. to expensive with its loading fees, selling fees and Paypal fees, the small seller does not have a chance against the multi nationals, BRING BACK SOLD.COM or similar . Just saying Smiley Mad

Loading fees?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply