Targeted by another Ebayer or system issue. Constant delisting of a particular auction

eCan anyone help. Numerous emails no answered by Ebay. Even feedback survey sent to me even though no-one respond. Have tried to list a particular auction of 3 model diecast cars. Other auctions ok. This particular auction has been delisted 3 times now. First 2 times on a fabrication that I discouraged payment options. I clearly stated I accept paypal (one in question) but can only accept cash on local pick up.

The item I am selling is a diecast car.. Not other please read on

Last one is the best one here is Ebay's automated response... " The item you are selling is a diecast car and it was listed in the following category: "Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Cars, Trucks & Vans." As per our Listing Policies, sellers must choose categories that best match their items for sale. This makes it easier for buyers to find relevant items in a search. To avoid confusion, please select a category that best suits the item in your listing. The appropriate category would be: Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Other Diecast You are welcome to relist the item with the necessary revisions "  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Like what the....  I'm selling a diecast car in a diecast car category. so thats a violation to cancel my auction.

believe it might be another Ebay person targetting this particular auction and reporting. Or it might be wording overall.

Now it is relisted a 4th time.

Can anyone help?   Ebay have not responded as yet to numerous emails and there is no online support anymore.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Targeted by another Ebayer or system issue. Constant delisting of a particular auction

Sorry for the running story... final addition.

I checked for other listings for identical products to what I was selling, to learn and avoid continued issues. I wont link them as it has nothing to do with those Ebayers.

Simple fact after a few more emails comes down to this

What I listed in the category "Diecast - Cars,Trucks & Vans" was incorrect and should have been in "Diecast - Other".

Their decision to delist my item stands.

NOW the contradiction. Another item identical to mine & have shown them that item apparently complies to be listed in "Diecast - Cars, Trucks & Vans" . Ebay continue avoid responding as to why apparenlty mine does not comply YET the other listing does. Knowing some Ebayer listed a compliant that I had it in the wrong category. It appears they just blindly accepted their view of the complaint.

Ebay will not acknowledge my question or request for a proper review or remark on that point comparing both items now that I found one. They actually avoid that issue to state "I now comply as does the other item I present to them.- the other Ebayer user (thats wrong based on their review of my item) and they have contradicted themselves.  (have asked for matter to be esclated). I doubt it and will have to call their office during business hours.

Just totally disgusted and bemused and NO logic in how this is being handled. Forum Junkie or anyone else can can help me to shed some light to what I am missing here?!?!  -  I have stomached and accepted (yet a year ago advised differently by Ebay themselves) the payment options and reworded all my listings using verbatim what their selling policy states.

How can diecast cars be wrongly listed in their category that is diecast cars, trucks & vans and incurr a voilation delisted is beyond human comprehension. I am totally frustrated !!!!!!

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Re: Targeted by another Ebayer or system issue. Constant delisting of a particular auction

Thanks Luna (mod), but have been frustrating as you can see.

Sort connection with others who could help me understand as Ebay had not been responding at that time (close to a week from my first delisting) and now they have still but incorrectly avoiding my questions. Trying to share my experience with other to see if I am missing something or understanding properly. Just trying to do the right thing.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

I NEED A DRINK !

I agree though with the current decision and hopefully resolved.

Yep, if you think my auction was delisted again ! YOUR Right.

Imo though a proper review was just done and must have corrected past mistakes without stating that but believe trying to fix it.  I'm good with that.

Here is the relevant Ebay response "The item you are selling is a diecast car and it was listed in the following category: "Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Other Diecast." As per our Listing Policies, sellers must choose categories that best match their items for sale. This makes it easier for buyers to find relevant items in a search. To avoid confusion, please select a category that best suits the item in your listing. The appropriate category would be: Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Cars, Trucks & Vans. You are welcome to relist the item with the necessary revisions"

--- Woah. Forced initially to go into the "other" category but hopefully (and I assume) was to correct the first decision

Honestly hope that is the end of it. I have some reservations but hoping its finalised.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply