Terrifed about ebay's new rating system..

I am really concerned about this whole new rating system.

I know I am one of many sellers who are either disabled or unable to work for serious health or family reasons , and this is our only source of income.

I do not want to have to go on a disability pension!. I feel like crying when I think of the number of buyers who carelessly or spitefully leave less than fantastic feedback, that those buyers can cause devastating effects.

I loved ebay and was so grateful that I was able to make some money while I watch my life savings go down the drain on the rent. If not for ebay I would have been broke and homeless by now.. but I have managed to have hope, and now feel it slipping away.

The thought of losing all the stock I have bought !!! all that money down the drain, makes me ill.

The feeling of satisfaction that I am able to have a go, despite my disability, has given me hope. Now I feel despair.

Just wanting to share!

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Terrifed about ebay's new rating system..

Do you have a lot of defects?

If not, why are you stressing?

If so, you have had 4 months to address the issues. Which might not be possible, but this is not exactly new.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

I think a lot of sellers can understand your concern Lizzy.  Don't be terrified, as that will only cause you grief.  Most would say that the new defect system is "Defective" in itself. It is something that is basically out of our hands to control.  You know that your doing your best and that, I think, is the most important thing.  As Dale Garnegie said, You can't Saw, Sawdust. Chin up and keep up the good work. 

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Such a warm sympathetic response Dave.

Not.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Lizzy

From your feedback you look as though you are doing OK, so don't stress too much about it. Just keep doing what you appear to be doing extremely well.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

@egglesdtp wrote:

Such a warm sympathetic response Dave.

If the OP wanted ego stroking they should have said so.

I do factual information, which I thought was the purpose of the boards.

I do, however, note that your response is unlikely to be of any use to the OP.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

It's hard not to get stressed out when someone across the world can hold your fate in their hands ..... & not give a damn.

The good thing is that it is currently controlled by a computer algorithm which only looks for flaws.

You appear to be a good, hardworking seller, so just keep on keeping on ..... You'll be overlooked & OK .....

Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

No, I don't think these boards are only about sharing factual information, although that is one useful purpose they serve.

I think this sort of forum also serves as a type of 'support group' and in that capacity I think they have clearly helped members who are having a hard time with whatever issue they are experiencing, feel better, and cope with what they can't necessarily change.

Trouble is, that a response like yours, does exactly the opposite !!

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Here Here!

I agree that support from other sellers is crucial during these times. No one outside our business have any idea what its like to a part of whats going on at the moment. We cannot talk to our family as they just shrug and say " I dont understand it all "...we cant go and have coffee with each other to discuss our futures with eBay. We cant attend a meeting once a month to vent or brainstorm...So we have this, and if that makes some one feel a little better for the rest of the day , I applaud it....SUPPORT!!    I think its also called having a heart.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

"Such a warm sympathetic response Dave"

Yes, I thought that also

Just shows the true character of the man

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply