Thank you Australia Post

Thought as we always seem to complain about Australia Post I would give them a pat on the back for a change - they deserve one this time.

Received an order from a customer in WA for a custom made bracelet last Monday.  Being a Public Holiday here in Qld, it was posted Tuesday - to my disbelief, the customer received it Friday - 4 days to WA !!  Go Australia Post - that deserves 5 Stars !!  Never have I had a delivery to WA that fast, usually takes at the very least a week to 10 days

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you Australia Post

cq_tech
Community Member

Must have been one of the lucky ones that occasionally go by air. A few of them do, although the vast majority travel across the Nullarbor in B-doubles which takes forever and a day (assuming they don't catch fire and burn to the axles, as some have done in the not so distant past).

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

Customer of mine just advised envelope posted over the counter AM on the 2nd October arrived Ashfield NSW Friday 10th. 9 Days Qld to NSW another example of Australia Post efficiency. I think not!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

We had one recently too that took 9-days Brisbane to Sydney.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

But then again some months back we mailed one from here on a Thursday evening. Buyer reported it received in their po box in country nsw on the Saturday morning.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

So funny you should mention this..

I posted a top to WA from Sydney on Tuesday, with a refund enclosed, and a note saying " please refer email regarding refund", then stored it in my memory bank to email buyer ...(a mark on top I missed when listing)..

thursday morning, feedback from the buyer, mentions refund and no email.. WT#... I thought I had at least another 24 hours before I needed to get that email out.

Never has it been that quick. I sent something to Victoria 2 weeks ago, with tracking... still MIA

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

I am happy to see another service from AP has improved lately - parcel transfers.

I can't collect Registered Mail from my local PO (which is why I prefer to buy from sellers who just post the purchase - no registered or any of that stuff), so I fill out an AP online parcel transfer request form.  The confirming email used to say they would make contact in a couple of business days.  Then they took that part of the message out.  The time to make contact was taking longer and longer and then you had to allow for them to contact the PO holding the item to have it transferred.  Then of course the parcel had to be transported to the new location (roughly 5km in my case) At one point the whole process was taking nearly two weeks.

Now they don't phone but simply contact me my email with a couple of days to say they have contacted the PO to arrange the parcel transfer, and the whole thing is in motion.  I think there have been occasions when the actual parcel transfer could have been better (ie faster) and sometimes the tracking it not always up to date, but just getting things moving in a timely manner - the service is definitely better.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

I was in Melbourne last week and posted a couple of parcels to myself (I'm from Perth) in pre-paid post bags mailed at the exact same time and one arrived to a Perth GPO 5 days later (this is much the norm for my location), the other arrived 2 days later.

I am very happy with Australia Post service overall but one has to wonder why the 2 day difference on this occasion.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

@clarry100 wrote:
We had one recently too that took 9-days Brisbane to Sydney.

Clarry and Queenslander - I've had one take 8 days to get to an address TWO SUBURBS away!

I win!

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you Australia Post

I am in melbourne, got a neutral from someone in WA because it took Australia Post 2 weeks to deliver a 500g red satchel.

I mostly express to WA and QLD now.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply