Thank you eBay

Recently I received a very ugly email from a buyer accusing me of dishonesty.  I had no idea what he was on about and asked him to explain.  That resulted in another very ugly email.  Again I requested an explanation but to no avail.  He then said he would report me to eBay, a move which I welcomed.  The next morning I called eBay and spoke to two people, both of who were professional and supportive.  Neither could understand what the buyer was so angry about.  I was advised to call him but there was no answer the two times I tried.  An hour or so later I received another email from the buyer, this time an apology and explanation of what had caused his anger.  Turned out it was a case of mistaken identity.  He had confused me with a Chinese buyer who after the sale had added an outrageously high postage.

The few times I've called eBay I've been happy with the service provided.  This time, exceedingly so as I was pretty upset.  Hence, these sincere thanks.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Thank you eBay

Well for once. A good news story about ebay  🙂

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

I can't see that eBay had anything to do with the issue's resolution myself and I certainly wouldn't be so quick to thank them. My experiences with CS are generally the opposite. Poor advice, no assistance, and their boiler-plate replies to emails are even worse. I doubt you'll be too happy with eBay if you ever need to have a couple of unwarranted defects removed. You'd have a far better chance of winning Gold Lotto IMO.
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

From the sounds of your posting, it looks like the buyer was making a comment of his/her country of origin.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

The buyer was Australian and mistook me, another Australian, for a Chinese seller from who he had also purchased. 

Perhaps this might have been resolved without eBay's input but I remain grateful for the support I received.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

The guys never had an issue with them so why dont you just let your own negativity go? If he;s happy he's happy and it makes a nice change for someone to be happy! good sales.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

Easy to support you when they didn't have to do anything...

Did they say sorry over and over? That seems to be all the Indonesisn call centers are trained to do.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

How can anybody possibly sell on eBay these days and not feel negativity towards them? I've read enough complaints from you recently to know that you're not exactly their number one fan either. I believe in giving credit where credit's due, but in the OP's case, I can't see that eBay did anything other than sympathise with her while doing absolutely nothing to solve her problem, something at which CS seem to be exceedingly competent.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

Incidentally ozfalcon, eBay's call centre is located in The Philippines.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you eBay

Massive difference 🙂
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply