The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

Thought it would be good just to have a single thread devoted to seller promos and free listings.

Message 1 of 505
Latest reply
504 REPLIES 504

Re: The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

This is a continuation of my message above, I accidentally pressed the “post” button.

Can someone please clarify for me

I want to take advantage of the current free listings promotion however on the eBay app it says it “Starts 29 Feb, Ends 2 March” however on the website it says you must accept the offer first before you can use it however no details about how long the offer is valid for or when it expires.

Also as I mentioned in the message above I want to now offer free postage to my items. To ensure I reach the maximum exposure of my listings I would like to end them all then relist them with free postage so people warning my listings will see the postage price change and my items will go to the top of the “newest to oldest”
Message 451 of 505
Latest reply

@rubysplace wrote:
This is a continuation of my message above, I accidentally pressed the “post” button.

Can someone please clarify for me

I want to take advantage of the current free listings promotion however on the eBay app it says it “Starts 29 Feb, Ends 2 March” however on the website it says you must accept the offer first before you can use it however no details about how long the offer is valid for or when it expires.

Also as I mentioned in the message above I want to now offer free postage to my items. To ensure I reach the maximum exposure of my listings I would like to end them all then relist them with free postage so people warning my listings will see the postage price change and my items will go to the top of the “newest to oldest”

When you accept you will be told the duration. Which is from 29 February until 2 March. It's not hard.

Maximum exposure of your items depends on many imponderables, none of which members are privy to.

You need to do what you think is best for you. Including posting overseas. There is a separate area within the listing form for overseas postage. Which is full of pitfalls.

Message 452 of 505
Latest reply

Well I spoke to eBay support today who told me the promotion has numerous expires and it will be mentioned in the email which I never received. They said the only way to know the expiry is to accept the offer.

Message 453 of 505
Latest reply

What's stopping you from accepting it? You've got absolutely NOTHING to lose by accepting it. Just make sure you read the terms before you end and relist anything.
Message 454 of 505
Latest reply

If it expires tomorrow I’ll accept it now but if I have a little more time I would prefer to accept it at a later date
Message 455 of 505
Latest reply

@rubysplace wrote:
If it expires tomorrow I’ll accept it now but if I have a little more time I would prefer to accept it at a later date

They are time limited to the advertised dates. It's not any 3 days you care to choose, it's 29/2-2/3.

If you don't accept you won't be able to use it. If you accept at 2359 on 2nd, you will get 1 minute.

Message 456 of 505
Latest reply

thanks for the recent link all, appreciated. I thought the covid related free listing ended today, so very pleased to have a few more days extention

Message 458 of 505
Latest reply

starts tomorrow. worked for me.

Message 459 of 505
Latest reply

Usual response here

Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only.

Message 460 of 505
Latest reply