The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

Thought it would be good just to have a single thread devoted to seller promos and free listings.

Message 1 of 505
Latest reply
504 REPLIES 504

I'll start the ball rolling with today's new promo:

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/6366

Message 2 of 505
Latest reply

eBay's Promoted Listings Lite Launch Promotion!

Can anyone tell me what this is please? What are Promoted Listings? And how much does it cost?

Message 3 of 505
Latest reply

Only problem is that the majority of ebay promos are via invitation only.

So if you have not received an email from ebay or the offer does not appear on your seller hub etc.

receiving a link from ebay members is just useless.

Message 4 of 505
Latest reply

I got the offer too but no idea what is it or how much it costs. Anyone know please?

Message 5 of 505
Latest reply

Promoted Listing is when you agree to give ebay a share (up to 20%) of your sales for the selected listing(s). This is on top of FVF and all other fees you normally pay ebay anyway. In return, ebay ranks the said listings higher in Best Match. You can pick as many listings as you want. No idea what the "Lite" bit is, but I guess it's similar with the fat Promoted Listing.

Why not just reduce your price by 20% and go up the ranking in the lowest Price+Postage ranking? That way, you pass the bucks to the customers (and more people might acually buy) instead of the pockets of ebay executives.

I tried Promoted Listing before, sold exactly 0 item from it before I took my 3 listings off the promo. I admit, those 3 listings were not my best sellers, but then again, why would I give ebay 20% more to sell my best sellers?

Message 6 of 505
Latest reply

Thanks for that. It is not usually worth it except in this case, if I list a good selling item for $8 even tho I will pay the 20% ebay will give me a $10 voucher 

Message 7 of 505
Latest reply

Good point! Man Very Happy

Message 8 of 505
Latest reply

Sometimes I don't receive the offer by either email or on my seliing page but I click on a link here that someone has shared and BINGO!

Message 9 of 505
Latest reply

Hi

where did you find details of ebay taking 20% extra on the sale

it is not mentioned in the conditions of this vague obscure promotion

Message 10 of 505
Latest reply