The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

Thought it would be good just to have a single thread devoted to seller promos and free listings.

Message 1 of 505
Latest reply
504 REPLIES 504

Re: The Latest eBay Free Listings and Seller Promotions Thread.

Yes it is really frustrating when you get used to getting the free listings, then they just take them away without warning.

I have so many things sitting in my unsold section across several accounts. No sales for those and no income for me or ebay.

No one wins with this situation, I don't know why they do it. Unless they are trying to force people into signing up to something they don't want. I wish I didn't rely on those promotional listings - but i do.

Message 481 of 505
Latest reply

The trick is to consider them as what they are - bonuses.

I never rely on them appearing every month. If they do, good; if they don't, I don't relist.

You could always open a store.

Message 482 of 505
Latest reply

I don't relist either, unless I have free listings to do it.

The problem is when the items sit in my unsold section for too long and get deleted by ebay.

They have deleted hundreds of my items in the past and I get so annoyed at all that work down the drain.

Message 483 of 505
Latest reply

I suppose that's the difference.

I keep all my pics and descriptions until I sell something. Doesn't take a lot of effort to recreate a listing.

Message 484 of 505
Latest reply

I usually keep all my pictures too, but had a computer crash a while back and lost them all.

so I have to do it all again, such a pain.

Message 485 of 505
Latest reply

I would sympathise if I didn't regularly backup.

Message 486 of 505
Latest reply

I agree. Its send me mad. Ive been using the free extra listings promo for that few days at the start of the month to re-list. This month will be a complete disaster cos they pulled it. I asked in a chat with them can i get it, asked for a supervisor etc . 'No its a automatically generated' I explained that well i wont be relisting this month And that means less sales for a eBay. I want to say believe they will see a small deep in sales due to not offering this promotional offer to small-time sellers. Although I believe once they move to manage payments which is coming very soon we will get more free listings. In the meantime I suppose all of that work is wasted depending on how long I can keep items in my unsold section. How annoying. I relate ! 

Message 487 of 505
Latest reply

Anyone else getting any EXTRA free listings ?
I didn't get them for several months now so both me and ebay will be missing out.
Fools
Message 488 of 505
Latest reply

@raspberrydenim wrote:
Anyone else getting any EXTRA free listings ?
I didn't get them for several months now so both me and ebay will be missing out.
Fools

No.

eBay obviously do seller metrics and have decided us plebs don't return them the amounts they wish. Therefore, after 18 months (at least) of unlimited freebies they have decided it wasn't worth it.

It's pretty simple. Manage your sales on the assumption that there will be no freebies. If you get them it is a gift, not an entitlement.

Message 489 of 505
Latest reply

This has happened in the past where we go for a few months without any at this time of year. Am hoping we get the extras maybe March or April, but not relying on it. 

Message 490 of 505
Latest reply