The current situation with eBay and Turbo Lister

Apparently, support for Turbo Lister was supposed to be officially ended this month though uploading listings to eBay still works. There doesn't seem to be a download link for it anymore and I'm not brave enough yet to try the "Check for program updates" option yet in case it screws everything up. Would Turbo Lister still work if I uninstall and reinstall it? Because in order to use it on a fresh install, checking for program updates is compulsory.

Anyway, as buggy and atrociously coded as Turbo Lister is, when it works, it works. And I'm not about to transfer my thousands listings to eBay and be subject to their whim or my ISP's Internet connection, etc. Does eBay's "selling hub" or whatever it's called even have an offline backup option? To those of you who have experience with Turbo Lister and this new thing, how did they compare?

How are you all dealing with this situation right now?

Are you still using Turbo Lister while it's still available?

Did you move to an offline and probably paid alternative?

Did you try to incorporate the online selling tool eBay is pushing?

Finally, what's the size and date of your latest Australian Turbo Lister .exe? Mine is 27,848,760 bytes last downloaded in October 2016.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

1. transferring my TL listing to eBay inventory.

2. Only until the end of the week when I get my new computer working.

3. All the information I need to recreate my listings is on my computer.

4. Only drafts (which are good for 60 days) of upcoming listings.

5. 13/10/15, 4.04Mb. The last update I got was last week and it worked fine.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

We already know what the news are regarding Turbo Lister but let's discuss reality. What is your current situation, what are your issues/problems and what do you have planned?

My current situation is that I have thousands of listings on eBay Turbo Lister and I never use the Selling Hub because Turbo Lister, despite being a slow and buggy program, is still faster than Selling Hub by simple virtue of being offline.

My issues/problems are:

1. Many of my listings have a gallery (IE. a listing that has more than 1 photo). Turbo Lister cannot export photos. So if I transfer the listings to Selling Hub, I'll need to spend time to fix them up.
  2. My master copy/backup of my listings are on my PC/Turbo Lister. I can easily backup everything (including listings with attached photos) with a few clicks. I don't want the Selling Hub to be my master copy and be subject to internet connection problems or any issues relating to eBay (I read they delete your listings and/or your photos are 90 days or something).
  3. Relating to the above point, I am unsure of the effectiveness of Selling Hub's export (export eBay listings to your PC) capabilities. Can Selling Hub export listings with its attached photo gallery back to you? Or will it export your listings back to you, sans photos?
  4. Selling Hub cannot end multiple Auction+BIN listings (an auction that also has a BIN) at the same time. eBay Turbo Lister can.
  5. With eBay Turbo Lister, you can very easily export listings from eBay Account A to eBay Account B and back again (and with photos still intact) in mere seconds/minutes. Selling Hub seems to be very single account focussed. This will be an issue for people who have both a store and non-store account and sell from both.

My current plan is to research Turbo Lister alternatives. My issue is that some of them seem pretty expensive for smaller sellers and that the free/lower cost plans seem to be a bit limited in features (you can import to the 3rd party alternative but you can't export again!?).

My other plan is to continue using Turbo Lister to create, store and backup listings. When the new listings are done, they will be exported by File Exchange to Seller Hub. Again, gallery listings require twice the amount of work/time.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

My current situation is somewhat different to what it was 20 MONTHS ago.

Why are you dragging up old threads? Haven't you posted on enough of them already?

My current situation is as it has been since I last posted here.

I keep 400 odd (the limit) forthcoming listings in Inventory. If the pics drop off, I reload them when I send the listing live.

All my information is kept on my computer until an item sells.

I don't do auctions, so I don't have a problem ending multiple listings.

I don't download my listings from eBay to my computer - I already have the relevant information.

Turbolister has gone. Regardless of your feelings, THAT is the reality. Which it wasn't when I posted the post you replied to.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Why are you dragging up old threads? Haven't you posted on enough of them already?

No.

I think you should go to sleep, it's past midnight.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Try SellerSourcebook. Yes you have to payUS$8.00/mth but there are hundreds of templates, you can 100 pics to each listing, with edit facilities, it will upload your listings instantly, you can reschedule, realist etc. 

I used TL until they said it would no longer work, I did like using it but encountered multiple issues, slow to upload listings, crashes etc.

for the small price to pay for SellerSourcebook, it's a really good, useful program. Just my humble opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply