The new ALL ORDERS page in selling manager pro is INEFFICIENT, CONFUSING AND MESSY!!!

The new ALL ORDERS page, which changed yesterday while I was USING IT, requires you to open so many areas to do what you could do in the one area, when you opened the sale. It's messy to view, hard to see what has been sent and what hasn't.

Also, I used to pack sales the night before and mark them as sent for the next day's date...can't do that anymore!!!!

There are a host of features gone! And no benefits to me with the new interface.

To mark as sent you need to open a drop down rather than clicking the date and could put it a day ahead.

To make a buyers note, you need to click again. and Click again to get out of these areas. 

The worst change....please return the orders page back to what it was...it was perfect.

It's such a lengthy labourious struggle to use now!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The new ALL ORDERS page in selling manager pro is INEFFICIENT, CONFUSING AND MESSY!!!

I don't use selling manager pro but I also find it hard to read.  Everything is too spread out and you can't easily see the symbols for what's been posted or what you've left feedback for.  I figured I'd probably get used to it and be able to find things once I get used to it but it's definitely a backward step.

I also used to like being able to check the sales figures for the previous 31 and 60 days, and also for the month before last, but that's gone now.  You can only do 90 days, this month, last month, this week, last week, etc.  To find the figure without postage I have to click on the little i beside the figure.  Lots of extra steps with no added benefits that I can see.

I don't know why we need order numbers.  I certainly won't be putting them on the envelopes when I hand address them!

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The programmers need to do something for their pay packet so their favourite thing is to "break" things and then

"attempt" to fix them (which off course never works and only makes it worse).

Their favourite motto seems to be if it's broken,leave it alone and if it works fine,then break it so they can leave

it alone (eventually there will be enough broken "bits" that they need to fix to justify their pay packet).Angry head bang.gif

How any company can think that by making things worse they can make it better for sellers is an absolute joke.

If you have everything on one page and only need to work from that one page that's the best set up (to destroy

that simple and easy setup and make it click,here,then there and then there and back again shows how they

obviously don't even check to see if the "system" is a "better and workable" option).shok.gif

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I do like the addition of order numbers. When speaking to ebay's customer service previously the only way to reference a sold item was by it's item number. I sell multiples of many of my items so it could get quite confusing and I had CS mix up orders many times when fixing things, especially when I sold the same item number to multiple people on the same day. The new order number will avoid that issue making it clear which order I am speaking about to CS.

Other than that, the layout is blah and the unecessary extra clicking is doing my head in.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

But there was already an order number on each transaction so why couldn't they just change that and leave the rest alone?

I can understand that some buyers buy the same item from more than one seller and can't tell who it's from if the seller doesn't put their details on the envelope, but it's only when you print labels that the numbers are likely to be included anyway.

Now I understand why there are so many glitches at the moment - because the techies have been busy playing at other things.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

In case anyone isn't aware of it, the buyer's email is now only displayed for 14 days after the sale, not 45 days like previously.

On the plus side, any message a buyer might leave with the order is much more visible now.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Hate it also!!

Change it back....so hard to see whats sent.  At least highlight a different colour or something

Don't mess with things that work well!

@jays45s wrote:

The new ALL ORDERS page, which changed yesterday while I was USING IT, requires you to open so many areas to do what you could do in the one area, when you opened the sale. It's messy to view, hard to see what has been sent and what hasn't.

Also, I used to pack sales the night before and mark them as sent for the next day's date...can't do that anymore!!!!

There are a host of features gone! And no benefits to me with the new interface.

To mark as sent you need to open a drop down rather than clicking the date and could put it a day ahead.

To make a buyers note, you need to click again. and Click again to get out of these areas. 

The worst change....please return the orders page back to what it was...it was perfect.

It's such a lengthy labourious struggle to use now!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

It used to be easy to see when a buyer requested an invoice for multiple items.

Now there is no symbol or note about this at all.

If a message doesn't come through for any reason (which does happen as we all know), there is no way of knowing that a buyer is ready for an invoice.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

SOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

The same thing happened to me yesterday ie the orders awaiting page changed.

I always add a usage note to the invoice and now this facility has been withdrawn.

Spent over an hour on the phone with eBay but they just don't care. Repeatingly asked for a supervisor but was refused to be conected.  Told would be called back. Still waiting 20 hours later.

The search button did not work for me yesterday wasted another half hour with eBay with a girl who did not have a clue who spent a good deal of time consulting others. Not resolved.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply