The new store design is horrendous

I get that they're trying to imitate that other site, but they've done it in the worst possible way. I went to the trouble of making categories for my store so that people could easily find my items, but now these are buried in a drop-down box (with only the first category visible), there seems to be no way to sort items from the initial store page as before (please correct me if I'm wrong), my store description, which contains important information about updates, etc has been shoved over to the right-hand side, and all of my images look like they were cropped by the 3 year old next door and have a not-at-all-appealing grey tint.

Quite obviously, the people on the eBay ad are ACTUALLY the people who designed it, except that in addition to noise-cancelling headphones they are also wearing eye masks and cannot see how hideous and terrible it is.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: The new store design is horrendous

You seem to be in the significant minority.

Message 31 of 44
Latest reply

My apologies

Message 32 of 44
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

my categories are only alphabetical (correct) when I click on 'shop by category' when entering store....after that, customers have buckley's chance of finding anything. I think this might be the new way and the categories on the left-hand side (in blue) will disappear

Yeah that's the hamburger menu. A good hamburger menu automatically expands sub-categories as you hover over them with a mouse, or if you tap on a main category on a mobile device, and appears in the same place on every store page so that navigation is consistent - eBay hasn't done either of these things with it.

Right now, eBay is taking buyers out of the store experience and into a site search experience, and changing menu types between the two (if they are allowing menus to appear at all).

It is bad design, unless the purpose is to take buyers out of the store experience every time.

@sugar - have you considered whether or not your buyers, or buyers in general, like the new store design, and / or can easily navigate it? I mean, that's what really matters here, not whether we as sellers like it, at the end of the day, but whether it assists / improves the buyer experience, and at least achieves the majority of what we'd like and / or need it to. 

Message 33 of 44
Latest reply

I look at everything from the buyers perspective, and me as a buyer think it works.

Message 34 of 44
Latest reply

But can you explain why? You keep saying that you like it, but haven't offered anything you think is an improvement. Like what is better than the way it was before, or easier? 

Right now - to me personally - the storefront seems like a token, aesthetic gesture, not the tool it was to both curate a collection of items and assist buyers in drilling down to specific items a single seller offers. Which makes paying for the store sub have significantly less use. 

Message 35 of 44
Latest reply

Refer my previous answer. You are a definite member of a significant minority.

Which eBay shouldn't be looking to cater to if they want to keep any semblance of relevance to online buyers. Unless said buyers are looking for noise cancelling headphones or hair straighteners.

Message 36 of 44
Latest reply

Lucky you!!  They have disappeared all my categories & just left me with books (which is all I sell) & magazines (only selling 6 lots).  Everything else is gone.🙄

Message 37 of 44
Latest reply

You have four items for sale. Not exactly a "store".

Message 38 of 44
Latest reply

No I do have a store, and actually have over 400 items for sale,  some of us don't use our primary account on the forum.   Don't assume,  you know what that does

Message 39 of 44
Latest reply

@ratedrparts wrote:

You have four items for sale. Not exactly a "store".

sugar249 is probably a posting ID and they have a store on another ID. BTW eBay encourages posters to have a separate ID for posting on the boards.

Edit. Snap sugar

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 40 of 44
Latest reply