The new store design is horrendous

I get that they're trying to imitate that other site, but they've done it in the worst possible way. I went to the trouble of making categories for my store so that people could easily find my items, but now these are buried in a drop-down box (with only the first category visible), there seems to be no way to sort items from the initial store page as before (please correct me if I'm wrong), my store description, which contains important information about updates, etc has been shoved over to the right-hand side, and all of my images look like they were cropped by the 3 year old next door and have a not-at-all-appealing grey tint.

Quite obviously, the people on the eBay ad are ACTUALLY the people who designed it, except that in addition to noise-cancelling headphones they are also wearing eye masks and cannot see how hideous and terrible it is.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Mine's rubbish too...but, I've noticed also, that things are changing daily....maybe they'll get it 'right' by next week....they're constantly tweaking.

eBay Sellers Report Store Categories Are Kaput - EcommerceBytes

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

Categories are not alphabetical (and not all there either)....banner is now a different size.....you cannot see categories until you click on 'see all'......times that auctions are finishing are hours 'out of whack'....to name a few

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

Hopefully they fix it promptly because if it's confusing for me as the store owner then I hate to imagine what my buyers think! The design they had was fine ...

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

...and....search (within store) is now back at the top, or sometimes not there at all ??

Won't be helping sales....customers will either give up or will get sent to competition

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

Hate it. 

Feedback number has also disappeared, unless and until you click on a listing.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Have you clicked on 'Do You Like our Store Experience?' at bottom of page....they have got to be joking!!

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

It's truly the design of someone who didn't realise there are buyers on the site that like to buy more than one item at a time from sellers, nor that such a thing as sub-categories exist in the store sub hierarchy and / or that they are extremely useful for buyers who do like to purchase multiple items from the same seller. ๐Ÿ˜ 

On the flip side, they are making my own website more and more attractive to my buyers, due to ease of use - so congrats ebay, I guess, on consistently increasing the irrelevance of this site to buyers who spend a lot of money with particular sellers they prefer and will follow elsewhere. 

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

Whoever designs all these changes to the eBay website certainly has a quirk taste (or wears an eye mask, as the OP said) - the "saved sellers" change was bad enough, and now this change. I liked to visit stores in the past, but the new look is appalling and I will just stick to the "items for sale" - at least I won't have to use a dropdown list... If you click on "see all" it goes to "items for sale" anyway, or something very similar... I also strongly dislike the Gallery View and there is no way to change it, at least not in the random stores I have just visited.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply