The "Good till Cancelled" fiasco has begun for me.

I am a non store owner. Yesterday I had 40 free listings. Today I have 39 yet I have not listed anything. One of my sales came to an end and now sits at the bottom of the listings with a "relist item" button, which informs me that "this item didn't automatically reslist".

Investigating and getting the item number for the so-called used free listing, brings up this very item, which tells me that the item is relisted with "good till cancelled" Doing a general search for it, and yes, it is indeed relisted, but does not show as such in my items for sale. I wonder what would happen if I went to relist this item from my sales list and if it would then show as another free listing used. I have not received any email from eBay regarding these changes, nothing at all.

Your thoughts please.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: The "Good till Cancelled" fiasco has begun for me.

I am really confused about all this. I hardly come to ebay anymore, just wait till something sells. Have about 150 listings up..and they have charged me insertion fees for things rolling over from the 3rd march, even though they were under the old scheme of free rollover 9 times. Some of the things have only rolled over a few times. And I have been charged and they made them good till cancelled...I now have a bill for $212.00 which I am not going to pay and will fight it to the end...what the hell is going on? As far as I can ascertain I should not have been charged these fees. Just killed off anything that is about to expire, even though the listings still have the free roll over thing there...anybody else been charged like this?

Message 71 of 98
Latest reply

Really Jilly - this is what this whole thread is about  - you need to read from the beginning.

Some people have been successful at rining ebay and getting the charges reversed - on the understanding that you listed them with the expectation that you had free listings.    Good luck with that.

In the meantime - all BIN listings have to be "good till cancelled".    I suggest you end your listings before you get slogged again.

Message 72 of 98
Latest reply

My eyesight is not so hot, the laptop too small, so I have to limit a lot of reading online till I get my cataracts fixed. Consequently, did not read every single post and also could not find a thread about this topic till after I had posted.

Anyway, good news is...I just phoned ebay regarding being charged insertion fees for the "old style" rollover free listings and I qualified for a credit on most of them. So that's done and I am content with the outcome..was refunded fees for most of the 115 listings that rolled over this month. Onward and upward. I've been selling in ebay for 14 years so no novice to ongoing changes...wearisome keeping up with it all and thank you for all replies...jilly

Message 73 of 98
Latest reply

Below is a messeage i received from ebay .The way i see it  if items are GTC then they dont expire so need not be relisted each month so how can i be charged a relist fee..correct me if im wrong

All Fixed-Price Listings Moving to Good
‘Til Cancelled

We’re moving all fixed-price listings to Good ‘Til Cancelled. That means short-duration options won’t be available for new fixed-price listings from 19 February. This is to create a better shopping experience, retain sales history, and secure more of what your buyers love on-site.

We’ll automatically convert your current short-duration, fixed-price listings to Good ‘Til Cancelled, where you’ve scheduled them to relist. You won’t pay any insertion or renewal fees for these listings, and can choose to end them at any time

Message 74 of 98
Latest reply

good grief, must they make it more difficult for me every time i go to list something?!? Cat Mad if its frustrating for me as a very part time seller i do feel for the professionals having to change 1000's of listings.Smiley Mad

Anyway i came to the board to find out about GTC as i just relisted an item to see it on there, so thanks to all the contributors. I have 2 ebay accounts & have not received any emails from ebay about this on either of them.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be anything on the relist page to untick for auto relisting? i have never used the auto relist 'feature' so ebay relists always had it unticked by default (since it remembered from previous listings that it was unticked)

Message 75 of 98
Latest reply

tcrazer
Community Member

I had 50+ listings, luckily only 6 rolled over on this new scheme otherwise i'd be charged a listing fee for the ones going over the free listing amount.  Will be vigilant and cancel before they rollover.

Message 76 of 98
Latest reply

Contact the ACCC jilly. That's what ebay need and deserve. 

Message 77 of 98
Latest reply

How do you manage all your emails from the different stores. The only reason I ask, is if I use google chrome, I can only look at one ebay account at a time, (log out, and then log into another ebay account) unless I have different search engines on my computer to look at different stores at one time. 

As we sell similar items on our store id and our non-store ids, we have separate email addresses for each one (all gmail) so we can easily tell from which site an item was purchased.

We just sign in to them in the morning, then check them whenever we want to on our laptop.

Message 78 of 98
Latest reply

@clickbaitoz wrote:

Please correct me if i'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be anything on the relist page to untick for auto relisting? i have never used the auto relist 'feature' so ebay relists always had it unticked by default (since it remembered from previous listings that it was unticked)

So that's the good news from ebay - they will automatically relist all your BIN listings every 30 days.  You won't have to do a thing.

And the bad news from sellers - these listings will be charged an insertion fee for each and every one unless you have some free listings entitlement left.     Which if you don't have a store, will be unlikely.   

Message 79 of 98
Latest reply

So that's the good news from ebay - they will automatically relist all your BIN listings every 30 days.  You won't have to do a thing.

And the bad news from sellers - these listings will be charged an insertion fee for each and every one unless you have some free listings entitlement left.     Which if you don't have a store, will be unlikely.   

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes that's it exactly - Do nothing and you end up paying.

You have to watch the items like a hawk and end them before they list again with a fee. Then you have to wait for free listings to relist.

what if you get caught up somewhere or end up in hospital and cannot end your items, what an expensive pain that would be.

I don't want to be a slave to that, so I am in the process of solving that problem. 

I am now changing everything over to auction with a buy-it-now option, and it is working very well. Some people are choosing the cheaper price bidding and others are spending more to buy it now. With the auto relists my 10 days stretches to 90 and I don't have to worry about them finishing and copping a fee. I just relist at my leisure when I have free listings. All good.

Message 80 of 98
Latest reply