There is no helping some buyers

We had a buyer a couple of weeks back who bought an item. A different selling ID to this one.

After three days she had not paid so I sent her our usual gentle reminder message.

She then paid up but shortly afterwards we got a message saying that she had not intended on buying this item and wished to cancel the order. A bit strange, we thought, as she had just paid only a few minutes earlier.

We agreed and sent out the cancellation request.

Shortly after she accepted and got her refund. Of course we are out of pocket the PayPal transaction fee anyway.

Now two weeks later she has left us a NEUT with just two words saying "was returned".

She never actually took delivery as we cancelled before we sent out the item so was returned is incorrect.

I'm thinking she could have issued us the FB when it should have gone to another seller perhaps.

So we have tried to do all the right things by this buyer and still get slammed with a defect.

It's yet another reason why not to use the cancellation process but to resort to the UPI case. Except in this case she had actually paid.

I guess our only other option would have been to ignore her cancellation request and send out the item anyway.

We did think about doing that but figured we would end up with a NEG if we went that way.

So we end up with NEUT anyway for trying to keep her happy. No win for us.

I will see if I can get ebay to remove the FB as she never actually received anything from us to give FB about. Don't like my chances tho.

If anyone wants the ID will be gald to provide it in a PM.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

I've been using Amaysim for about 3-years now. Happy with their service. I'm on the $19.90 plan and it gives me plenty of data and call time. Coverage is good but I'm always in Brisbane metro area.
Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

Like DG I don't have a landline.  I didn't see the need to pay $30.00odd each month just for line rental, - then add the call costs!!!

I've been with Amaysim for a couple of years now, and couldn't fault the service at all.  I went for the Unlimited plan as I do need to make a lot of calls.  Also have a mother who gives me 3 rings to let me know she wants to talk to me.  I ring back and the 5 minute phone call usually turns into at least an hour.  Saves her the cost of ringing a mobile.  And doesn't cost me any extra.

I'm very much in front each month by not having a landline, and not paying 90c per minute to Telstra for a limited spend mobile plan, which I always tended to go over.

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

I'll have to look into it, I have a pre-paid at the moment, and actually very rarely spend money on phone credit, 'cos I'm a cheapskate and such 😄  - often going several months without a recharge, and spend between $10-$20 for one of the available caps as I need to. (I'm with Vodafone, though, have been since I bought my first mobile about 15 years ago Smiley Embarassed and I know they don't have the best value around). 

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

If you are going to look at a different provider, check what their coverage is really like in your area. If possible, by seeing what coverage is shown on mobiles your friends have with different networks. cq, Optus coverage where I am is poor. I'm with Telstra (and boy do they have their faults) but for where I live, they are the most reliable. Optus data is as slow as a wet week and barely registers one dot of call coverage here. So it's best to see that on actual phones if you can, Digi.

I was just like you, with a minimal plan year in year out since my first phone, until I needed to use it more frequently. So I tested out all the live reception I could and stuck with Telstra. 45$ plan 1000$/month calls, 500Mb data. That's doubled my bill for a mobile but I can now actually use it and not have to count the minutes. Took me years to take the plunge though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

Wow Amber, thats a sucky deal from tel$tra, my phone is telstra pre-paid, $30 gets me 1.3 gigs data, unlimited calls and txt, and credit on top, i was thinking of going with boost because of there outstanding data allowence, but i dont use up the data i get from telstra...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I will see if I can get ebay to remove the FB as she never actually received anything from us to give FB about. Don't like my chances tho.

eBay will remove the feedback since you cancelled the transaction. If a transaction is cancelled, then there's no transaction and the buyer should not be able to leave feedback, regardless of whether or not they initially paid.

I'm speaking from experience here -- as a buyer. I had a seller who stuffed me around and cancelled an order after I paid for it without good reason. Naturally, I left him negative feedback, but within days eBay had it removed.

It might be a case of talking to the right supervisor, but yes, eBay will remove it.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
Wow Amber, thats a sucky deal from tel$tra, my phone is telstra pre-paid, $30 gets me 1.3 gigs data, unlimited calls and txt, and credit on top, i was thinking of going with boost because of there outstanding data allowence, but i dont use up the data i get from telstra...

Yes, prepaid are better but (and this is true) where I am, there is a difference in the data speed on prepaid versus postpaid. There shouldn't be, you'd think, but it's like there's priority traffic. Seen it. I need good data speed for work. I get unlimited texts too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

Justajunk, yes I've known a situation like yours. Buyer neg gone as seller asked for removal from a supervisor.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

Hi ambs, I too see slower speeds with my prepaid MBB against my postpaid account, luckily I only have to use the prepaid when I run out of data on the postpaid one, so it's only a couple of days per month.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

Hmmm. Interesting. I know you're in a different area to me, too, so that looks like it's on purpose. My bills are reduced by a member credit I wouldn't get on prepaid so I'm paying less than the 45$ in reality.

I get a steady 4G, the prepaids around here are usually on 3G. A 4G flicker at best then it drops.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply