There is no helping some buyers

We had a buyer a couple of weeks back who bought an item. A different selling ID to this one.

After three days she had not paid so I sent her our usual gentle reminder message.

She then paid up but shortly afterwards we got a message saying that she had not intended on buying this item and wished to cancel the order. A bit strange, we thought, as she had just paid only a few minutes earlier.

We agreed and sent out the cancellation request.

Shortly after she accepted and got her refund. Of course we are out of pocket the PayPal transaction fee anyway.

Now two weeks later she has left us a NEUT with just two words saying "was returned".

She never actually took delivery as we cancelled before we sent out the item so was returned is incorrect.

I'm thinking she could have issued us the FB when it should have gone to another seller perhaps.

So we have tried to do all the right things by this buyer and still get slammed with a defect.

It's yet another reason why not to use the cancellation process but to resort to the UPI case. Except in this case she had actually paid.

I guess our only other option would have been to ignore her cancellation request and send out the item anyway.

We did think about doing that but figured we would end up with a NEG if we went that way.

So we end up with NEUT anyway for trying to keep her happy. No win for us.

I will see if I can get ebay to remove the FB as she never actually received anything from us to give FB about. Don't like my chances tho.

If anyone wants the ID will be gald to provide it in a PM.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Not an outcome I would have expected but here is what has happened...

I sent ebay an email outlining the problem and requesting that they remove the NEUT and any associated defects.

They never responded to my email but I can see they have removed the defects associated with the neutral.

But the feedback itself still remains.

I guess I can live with that as I have put an appropriate rather mellow response to neutralise the NEUT.

I don't think other buyers would see it as a problem now and our very good defect rating has been restored.

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply

Ebay does NOT remove feedback if a transaction is cancelled.

Message 32 of 32
Latest reply