There is no helping some buyers

We had a buyer a couple of weeks back who bought an item. A different selling ID to this one.

After three days she had not paid so I sent her our usual gentle reminder message.

She then paid up but shortly afterwards we got a message saying that she had not intended on buying this item and wished to cancel the order. A bit strange, we thought, as she had just paid only a few minutes earlier.

We agreed and sent out the cancellation request.

Shortly after she accepted and got her refund. Of course we are out of pocket the PayPal transaction fee anyway.

Now two weeks later she has left us a NEUT with just two words saying "was returned".

She never actually took delivery as we cancelled before we sent out the item so was returned is incorrect.

I'm thinking she could have issued us the FB when it should have gone to another seller perhaps.

So we have tried to do all the right things by this buyer and still get slammed with a defect.

It's yet another reason why not to use the cancellation process but to resort to the UPI case. Except in this case she had actually paid.

I guess our only other option would have been to ignore her cancellation request and send out the item anyway.

We did think about doing that but figured we would end up with a NEG if we went that way.

So we end up with NEUT anyway for trying to keep her happy. No win for us.

I will see if I can get ebay to remove the FB as she never actually received anything from us to give FB about. Don't like my chances tho.

If anyone wants the ID will be gald to provide it in a PM.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Yep 4G here as well on both prepaid and postpaid ambs, though back about 18 months ago I had to put an external aerial in the roof to drag the 4G in otherwise I was down to 3g.

So it's not just eBay that resorts to "throttling" ROFL......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

Cheers, everyone 😄 , for all the phone info.

I have a carpy little phone - it's the second one I ever bought, and I had my first one for several years, so two phones in around 15 years, not a smart phone, VGA camera even. I make a phone call once in a blue moon, and the vast majority of the time I use less than half the credit I buy, and half of that is on pointless texts so I don't feel like I've completely wasted my money. Smiley LOL

If I get myself a phone plan, I'd have to get a half-decent phone (I do kinda want to get a smart phone, but only so I can hear the cha-ching Smiley Embarassed ), so it'd be like spending more money than I do now so I can spend more money than I do now, on something I don't really need / use enough to justify it...

I really do feel like I'm missing out on something with the cha-ching, though. O_O 

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

Everybody needs a little cha-ching in their life.

But given sales volumes at the moment even the smartest of phones are staying very quiet. I knows ours are.

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Hay Digital ghost, if your carpy phone can handle the internet, download mini opera and view something, you will know exactly how i feel when trying to navigate full site.... Oh the fun...
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
Hay Digital ghost, if your carpy phone can handle the internet,

Ummm...it says it can, but I'm pretty sure it's lying unsure Or it's a bit worse for lack of use and it just forgot how Smiley LOL

I did use an old iPod to access eBay at one stage, tried to browse the forums but load time and screen size were just unbearable for me. 

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

Yeah. Load times are important to not get frustrated and get things done...that's why I was so full-on with research. My last phone was my second ever and a bottom-of-the-range htc. It handled the net and could 4G. But I have to admit my new phone is perfect and loads zippy-fast. My phone plan also had the phone...so not so bad for 45$. It was more than I realllllly wanted to spend. Do pretty much all my work on it now though so it was a good thing to do for me anyway 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

What a useful comment 'digital ghost' 🙂  and so glad to hear this comment.

After all of the time I've been selling with eBay, I have had complete frustration when I call customer support, and I've never given the 'call back' option a thought.

I will use this option from now on, and once again, thanks so much for handing this advice on. Woman Happy Woman Happy Woman Happy

Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Yeah. Load times are important to not get frustrated and get things done...that's why I was so full-on with research. My last phone was my second ever and a bottom-of-the-range htc. It handled the net and could 4G. But I have to admit my new phone is perfect and loads zippy-fast. My phone plan also had the phone...so not so bad for 45$. It was more than I realllllly wanted to spend. Do pretty much all my work on it now though so it was a good thing to do for me anyway 🙂

I'm thinking the only real advantage at the moment (for myself) would be to be able to answer / respond to urgent messages when I'm not at home (and by urgent, I mean the sooner I answer, the better chance I've got of preventing things like MBG cases). I'm not old, but I do seem determined to be set in my ways - I'd go all Zoolander doing my work  with a phone, I think (i.e. what is this, a computer for ants? Smiley LOL )

@dotm - glad the info could help 🙂 I think part of my situation was down to pure luck in some respects (i.e. the nature of the buyer's comment), but it's good to know eBay will back the seller sometimes. 

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

try aldi mobile plan, $35 gets me all the credit i need and its on the telstra network, think its only 3g but my iphone 5 works great, even at the footy, the optus one never did!

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

...and Digi, If you think of looking about, check the fine print. Unlimited calls often mean only to other mobiles on the same network.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply