Throttling more info

An interesting discussion on throttling..on yout tube

This guy has some very interesting things to say about EBay & the "blackout"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqyvnAUOaBU

Its time to STOP this practise Ebay this is so WRONG.....

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Throttling more info

Fascinating in Nov 2014 I had 19 sales... in Dcemeber 2014 I had 24 sales Guess what happened in the next months...jan 2015: 19 sales...Feb 2015 sales: 24  March which is nearly finished I have only sold 10 items.. we usually have 250+ items for sale..the figures posted above are at least HALF of what they used to be with same number of listings...i've watched several You Tube videos and  http://www.ecommercebytes.com which has some very interesting artciles..about rolling blackouts and seller limits..have considered setting up own ecommerce site and possibly using facebook..but i've had a gutful of the shenanigans that EBay has carried out be it the dreaded postal tax to no seller feedback allowed to the cash cabal known as PayPal to now this awful concept of :"seller limitis" and "rolling blackouts" this is a disgusting practise..they are many small sellers here who have worked their backsides off and are continually being treated as mugs..and the insulting thing is paying for such treatment..ive had a gutful...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Throttling more info

Just for the helluvit - around 1100 listings

Dec - 53

Jan - 68

Feb - 50

Mar - 53 with 2 days to go.

More relevent - Mar 2014 - 35

So, for me, average or better.

Just sayin'...

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Throttling more info

Confused with your post where you claim "average or better" re: sales...yet you only have 2 seller feedback responses over the past 6 months..for a total of 62 feedback responses...since 2011...how appropriate you quote Jim Croce...our sales have much in common...

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Throttling more info

He is using a posting username to post on the forums, not the account that he sells on. 

Latest reply

Throttling more info

As Maranock mentioned, davewil1964 is a regular forum poster who sells on another ID. Many forum posters ( myself included )  know his selling ID as it is not really a closely gaurded secret, and the information he has provided is Bona fidi. 

As for sales, mine are fairly consistent and basically at quite a good level at the moment. Ebay is keeping me fairly busy with a full day of packing today after the weekend. I do notice a throttling effect as others have mentioned with sales reaching basically the same figure on a 120 day rolling average, but it is a reasonable figure that I can live with. I dont really want too many more ebay sales or I will start to have trouble keeping up with it all and would need to think about employing some-one.

I have around 2000 listings which make up around 10% of OZ  listings in my catagory.  I moniter a couple of my competitors who also have higher listing numbers and their sales are travelling well at the moment too. Davewil1965 has around 800 listings so solid numbers there.  Some of the international forum discussions on throttling suggest that sellers with higher listing numbers are not affected to the same extent as sellers with lower listing numbers. Maybe this is a factor in the different sales results people are experiencing. It would be interesting to see what effect increasing listing numbers from say 200 to 1000 in a short period of time would have on the throttling of sales that many people see.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply