Too Many Non-Payers

jvdv11
Community Member

There seems to be an increasing number of people who will bid - and win - a sale and then just forget it. In the past few weeks I've had several and where there hasn't been a request to cancel the transaction or even a response to emails requesting payment.

Very frustrating especially when other people were outbid for the item.

... and of course you cannot leave any negative feedback, only lodge an unpaid item report which has little or no impact.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Too Many Non-Payers

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That's the downside to auctions.

Otherwise make your items BIN for a price you're happy with, and select Immediate payment required.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Too Many Non-Payers

... and of course you cannot leave any negative feedback, only lodge an unpaid item report which has little or no impact.

That's not true.

Members with 2 or more strikes are blocked from bidding or buying on eBay from members with blocks.

It is far more effective then any feedback could be.

But you need to set up the blocks on your account as this may have prevented these bidders from bidding on your items.

And you can now add these members to your BBL so they don't do it again.

image host
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Too Many Non-Payers

Auctions are really a thing of the past for most items. Do you ever get much more than your starting price? Most auctions I have seen, they just nibble bid and so unless it is a rare item that many people are after, I consider auctions a waste of time. I often bypass an auction and select BIN from another seller, because I am just not prepared to wait the auction time out for something that is readily available elsewhere and if it is a few dollars more, I don't care. Most people are time poor, and I suspect many would agree with me. There are many complaints on these boards about non-paying bidders. I went through all of that when I started selling and quickly decided to just do BIN. No problems since.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply