Top tips for selling - tongue in cheek

So while watching the tumbleweed, I see a new notification. The excitement, the anticipation. Have I made a sale, is it a message from a buyer wanting to do a combined order for everything I have listed? ๐Ÿ˜ or is it Ebay apologising for a gross fee overcharge and offering 5 years fee free sales? ๐Ÿ˜€ I can barely contain myself as I launch onto the keypad

It's a message.........

from Ebay............(still hope for fee overcharge lol)

Top tips for selling on Ebay! ๐Ÿ˜ž

That crushing moment when we reach for another bottle of tequila and vow to do better tomorrow.......Bridget Jones style

BUT what if we give them tips on how to help us sell more ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ŒโœŒ

Go for it! What would your tips be for Ebay?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

1. Stop fixing things that aren't broken.
2. Supply the tequila for free so we can all cope a bit better.LOL
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

It I could give Ebay some tips, hmmm. Howabout:

• Let seller decide if a listing is to be GTC or for a limited time (so no automatic rollover and sneaky recharge fee)
  • Give buyers the option to request an invoice whenever buying more than one item from the seller.
  • Let the seller revise the amount to be paid for items when combining postage and only take a %age on the new item charge.
  • Don't take a %age from postal charge
  • Recognise that once posted the time taken for delivery is the postal service responsibility not the sellers
  • Don't change the details about an item entered by the seller without consultation, especially the category.
  • and don't keep sending emails promoting items a seller is selling to the seller - yes a seller may well search for a fishing rod but just maybe they are checking how to list one not want to buy one, especially the one they eventually list.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

The fee on shipping is to stop people listing 99c items with $99 postage to avoid FVFs. It also makes it fairer for those using free postage or "free" postage (the latter being listings which have the postage cost included in the item price so the seller can keep their shiny eBay Premium Service badge).
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Supply tequila all round lmao ๐Ÿ˜‚

My top tip for Ebay would be to treat sellers with the respect they deserve, level playing field, the same way they treat buyers (who we love of course ๐Ÿ˜ on the rare occasion we have one ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Yeah but it definitely penalises us honest sellers of used personal goods. If you try to build the p&h fef into the prices it makes it too high and buyers just won't buy. So the once again it's the little honest sellers that get hit. 

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Maybe we should organise a tequila party!!
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Image result for one tequila two tequila meme

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Here's the extra tip for Ebay I nearly added before, but didn't as it was so long:

• Ebay only charge fees on any extra amount charged for postage over the official postal rate (which would mean Ebay having to always have up to date information on these rates) plus a handling and packaging allowance. Or just set their spy system to question any postage charges way over the average for that country.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

You've got to be joking. How are they going to know how much we can fit in an envelope, or even in a satchel for that matter?
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply