Tracking Numbers Not Updating / Ebay claiming they are not valid numbers

For the last 2 months I have been having increasing problems with tracking numbers not updating.

Every week I get a message from eBay telling me to upload valid tracking for my orders. Every week the % they claim I have uploaded has declined (it was 94%, then last week 50%, and now this week they claim I am uploading 0% valid tracking)

As I use shipping labels, eBay automatically populates the tracking, so it can't be invalid. I have valid tracking for 100% of my sales! (confirmed by checking the tracking with Aus Post)

I am concerned that my listings are being pushed down in the search results due to this issue. I have raised it with eBay, and they have assured me it will be fixed, however that was 3 weeks ago, and still the problem persists.

My question is, am I the only one? Or is this a problem for everyone at the moment?

If anyone from eBay is reading this, can you PLEASE sort it out, it is becoming very frustrating!

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Tracking Numbers Not Updating / Ebay claiming they are not valid numbers

It's a thought from eBay to deal with them directly.

For me it's just so not going to happen!

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Ever since Ebay updated  the Summary page tracking numbers are not updating, you need to check on AP website, come on Ebay fix the issue, Hmmm very fustrating for us the Seller and the Buyer

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I do my labels through the Auspost website - anywhere up to $0.50 a 500g parcel cheaper than eBay's price. Then cut and paste the number into the eBay transaction.

I always let the buyer know that they should check the Auspost website for tracking as its more up-to-date.

No problems yet....

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

eBay labels

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I find eBay labels are cheaper. 

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Unfortunately I have no choice but to use AP as I am located in a small town in WA, No alternatives here (Sendle, Couriers etc)

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

I used to do it the same way, but I just find labels so much cheaper and efficient. 

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I buy the labels through eBay, so the problem seems to persist regardless of the method. This really needs to be sorted out as a matter of urgency. 

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

It doesn't matter if you use AP. Even if you add the tracking number manually, the ebay tracking is still not up to date. 😞

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I have the same issue with tracking numbers not updating on ebay site. I've complained to ebay several times - the ebay 'chat' function is useless. You get canned answers and can't call a real person like you used to. They promised it would be escalated and fixed. Its an ongoing issue that has been happening for months now. How can the ebay technicians be so slack as to not get problems resolved promptly?

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply