Tracking Payment Holds "Now As a Top Rated seller I'm SUB STANDARD for eBay" New Policy

The statement on eBay News says 

Which sellers will be included in payment holds?

• Below Standard sellers; or
  • Sellers who have been rated Very High in Item Not Received (INR) requests 

This isn't the case as a top rated seller I have just been informed by eBay that I am now considered a sub standard seller who be be subject to tracking payment holds.

Thanks for the vote of confidence eBay This will be my last year as a eBay seller

eBay Has lost the desire to service there dedicated sellers.

Unfortunate you Have lost me.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Tracking Payment Holds "Now As a Top Rated seller I'm SUB STANDARD for eBay" New Polic

why doesnt your software send the tracking numbers to ebay, so customers can track orders?  I close orders in my system and scan in tracking and the order status and tracking info is sent to ebay.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Tracking Payment Holds "Now As a Top Rated seller I'm SUB STANDARD for eBay" New Polic

I'm beginning to think that if a seller advertises that they provide tracking,  and they can't be bothered loading the tracking because it takes a whole 10 seconds longer out of their precious day.   Ebay should automatically send a refund to the buyer after the sellers handling time.

Ie.  if handling time is 2 days, and no tracking uploaded, wacko refund issued, no question, no comeback.   Ok I may be generous and allow 1 days grace.   But come on sellers load your tracking, 

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@desolate-sellable wrote:

Thanks Cheers 

It is all about keeping up with the market place at the end of the day.

There is no place for cheap items on eBay now IMO.

My initial issue was with my Postage policy's I had all listing checked as tracked.

This reduced me down to 72%.

I have just ended some 90 listings sad the consumer is the one that will both gain and lose in this case.

You offered the service, so why didn't you get tracking?

Also, why did you end 90 listings instead of just changing the postage to an untracked service?

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

"List / sell an item with Aus Post domestic letter untracked - no payment hold (So, too, other methods that don't have tracking, such as pick up, or collect in store)"

This can't be right.  Virtually all my items fall into this category, but eBay want me to institute tracking on all of them.  Nobody's going to pay for tracking on a $7 CD. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

no, lupercal....you will ONLY get pinged if you offer a tracked item and then, fail to upload tracking!!

If you choose 'untracked item'....all is good

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I am thinking about unlisting all of the items that I would sell by letter mail as well. I sold a lot of these items and now the consumer will lose out.

My seller level has dropped since these new policies and I get each item fast with good reviews, regardless because I have a lot of "untracked" items it is making  it nonviable to sell on the platform.

Daft.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

did you see my previous response?

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Untracked are specifically excluded from the metric. If you offer tracked and don't send tracked or don't upload the tracking, that is when you will have issues.

I send about half my items untracked, and I'm still TRS. I sell about 50 books per month, so not insignificant in the metrics

Standard postage is parcel postage, which by default is a tracked service. It even says so in the postage description. You need to select untracked letter if you're sending as untracked letter. Your error.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

On Sunday I bulk edited 1900+ CDs and  Bluray s postage option from parcel post to untracked letter rate. It took a while because I had to enter quite a few item specifics. Otherwise it would have taken 10 minutes.  Problem solved. Hope this helps. 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply