Tricky situation with returned item.

I have a buyer who requested a return for change of mind. They sent it back using their own label and provided the tracking. The tracking does show delivered however I never received it. I've contacted Ebay several times who keep telling me I need to get written confirmation from Aust Post about the delivery. I've contacted Aust Post many times but keep getting the run around. I know at the time of the delivery ( about a week before Xmas) they had extra drivers on to deal with the increased demand and I suspect they are stalling because they can't get any update from this particular contractor. Ebay are pretty much saying they'll closed the case in favour of the buyer if I don't provide the written confirmation. This isn't a small amount, well over $1000. Anyone had any experience with this? Yes, I did mention to ebay that a signature should be required as it's over $750 however they keep ignoring this fact.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What does the tracking show - where was it delivered - same state - same town. ??

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, same suburb. That's the problem I believe. I have been requesting some sort of information as to the exact address but I've been getting nothing from Australia Post, just that they're looking into it. I inquire again and it seems to start all over again. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Anecdotally, posting oneโ€™s issue (and the frustration experienced by no proper and timely resolution, albeit in a polite way) on APโ€™s Facebook page can get a better response.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Anecdotally, posting oneโ€™s issue (and the frustration experienced by no proper and timely resolution, albeit in a polite way) on APโ€™s Facebook page can get a better response.

Worked with my internet provider as well

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply