Trying to send an invoice to a buyer from an active item.

I can see this guide

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/questions/buyer-invoice.html

But it says to select the item from the sold tab(and select the item), how can I select and active item - adjust the cost and then ivoice them?

They have not bought it yet, but I want to sell from an active listing and use the details and pic, just change the price.

I do not want to change the original listing, just use that template - copy it.

I just relisted it, and told them the item number.

Thanks

Message 1 of 82
Latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: Trying to send an invoice to a buyer from an active item.

So you know enough to have at least 2 IDs.

And this is the second time I have answered this particular question and other posters have also confirmed it.

Now that it is confirmed that you are just lazy I for one will not bother answering you again.

Message 31 of 82
Latest reply

Aha!     I think I get it now.

OP wants to sell an item without selling the actual listing.

In other words, if they sell the item, the listing ends and they cannot re-list

due to listing limits.

So they have decided to use the item number to try and sell it through messages.

And if I've got that right...................it's still selling off ebay

Ebay doesn't know you've sold it, you can't invoice it, therefore you avoid fees

I'm now joining the ranks of not answering you

Message 32 of 82
Latest reply

Im not missing any point.
The point is you cant give an invoice for an item you have not got listed and there is no item number because its not listed.
Ive only just skimed over comments so my apoligys if this has been said but.. look at site map.. and if you want to trade off ebay im not stopping you, its your account at risk, not mine.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 33 of 82
Latest reply

Nobody - but nobody is missing the point except for the OP.

How hard is it to understand the listing system - if it is listed it can be sold.

Anything else - or any other way - is not through eBay - and - that is a very big NO NO - as far as they are concerned.

Don't understand wanting more listings - seemingly having difficulty with understanding process of selling - here - already.

To say nothing of business acumen.

Message 34 of 82
Latest reply

I might be wrong, but are the 2 ID's exchanging feedback                 Smiley Embarassed

Message 35 of 82
Latest reply

@arepee1501 wrote:

I might be wrong, but are the 2 ID's exchanging feedback                 Smiley Embarassed

Not wrong.

Robot Frustrated

Message 36 of 82
Latest reply

@arepee1501 wrote:

Absolutely spot on......I can see both IDs being suspended it they keep it up.

Message 37 of 82
Latest reply

So, a customer asks for an item that is not listed.

I need to sell the customer that item.

Let me make this as simple as possible for you, because either you genuinely can't understand or you just refuse to understand any answers that don't tell you what you want to hear.

IF THE ITEM IS NOT LISTED YOU CANNOT SELL IT!!!!!

If the customer found you on eBay the sale must stay on eBay.  If it does not, if you sell it any other way, it is consider fee avoidance and can get your account permanently deleted. 

If you need to sell the item to the customer, LIST IT.  Send the customer the item number AFTER you have listed it, and get them to buy it straight away so no-one else beats them to it.  This is the only way you can do this without breaching eBay rules.

I know you want to make a million sales in the next ten minutes, but the bottom line is you can't.  You need to stop trying to find ways to get around the rules AND you need to stop advertising the fact that you are doing so in the forums or you WILL get caught.

I really don't think you will have to worry about how many items you can list for much longer because I would be surprised if you are still around long enough to see another limit increase.  In fact, if you look up the term "fly by nighter" in the dictionary, I'd bet there is a picture of you there.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but a lot have people have been very patient with you, trying very hard to help you understand the system, but no matter how hard we try,  you seem determined not to listen.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 38 of 82
Latest reply

Please no longer comment on my threads.

I do not appreaciate the assumptions thanks.
I have anxiety and depression, and calling me stupid because I do not get things as well as others is offensive.

This also applies to others.

Thank you.

Message 39 of 82
Latest reply

I have anxiety and depression, and calling me stupid because I do not get things as well as others is offensive.

Penny did not call you stupid

Message 40 of 82
Latest reply