USA package delivered to completely different state.

Sent a parcel recently to the USA.

It was meant to be delivered to the state of Washington, but has just shown as delivered to someone in the city of Irvine, California! 

I've contacted Aus Post for further information, but naturally the buyer has been looking at the tracking and is seeing the same thing and wanting to know what is going on. 

I mean, how can this even be possible when the parcel is clearly addressed in 2 places, both the main part of the satchel as well as the customs/tracking form????

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: USA package delivered to completely different state.

I forgot they keep a section of the customs form which is all it will take to show the error.  I am so used to the online version which for most places is just the one copy on the parcel.

I did ask my local yesterday and they said you need to double check the correct address as it comes up with the different address options to select.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Exactly @eol - a tiny accuracy check would have gone a long way to avoid this mess.

I still have not heard back from Aus Post, but it looks like it will be easier to just refund her in the meantime and write it off as a loss if I don't get a refund.

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I can't see how you won't get a refund as they have the customs copy which wont match tracking info. 

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Further update - I've communicated with the buyer and she ended up putting in the tracking number into the USPS website today and there is an update that shows the parcel is being returned!

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

When I asked yesterday the guy told me it will likely be returned and thought you can only hope, so good to hear.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply