Unable To List - Ebay Australia

dl390
Community Member

I sell on Ebay Australia. Last few days, been blocked from listing items. I get this message:

It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Effective immediately, your ability to list new items has been interrupted. To continue listing on eBay, please register now at ebay.com/startpayments.{e72528-1134536x}

Seems this is linked to Managed Payments. I click to link and I have to “express interest”. I fill in form etc and still can’t list anything. As far as I can tell, Managed Payments not yet available in Australia and nowhere can I register a bank account to allow such. Can’t find any ebay help anywhere.

Is there a fix? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Unable To List - Ebay Australia

@cezm wrote:

I have received the original email and have until 12 April to register. I assume that if I do it by then, ebay will allow me to continue selling until they accept me under managed payments.

I also assume that if I don't register before 12 April them my selling priviledges will be stopped. I'll be able to register but will have to wait till ebay approves me under managed payments before I can sell again

Perhaps some sellers have ignored the register by date which is why they are now having problems

Yes many have ignored the register by date it seems but many are also saying they never received any messages asking them to register in the first place and are now blocked and when they try to register up comes a glitch.

I have a feeling that this is ebays way of perhaps blocking sellers who they don't want and inventing a glitch to have those sellers blocked.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Unable To List - Ebay Australia

@instylecollectables wrote:

I have a feeling that this is ebays way of perhaps blocking sellers who they don't want and inventing a glitch to have those sellers blocked.

Before there was eBay.com.au, there was only eBay.com.

That meant there are some Aussie accounts that registrered on ebay before there was an ebay in Australia, and a lot of the accounts this is happening to would have been registered on the original site.

The site has gone through numerous changes since its first inception, with a lot of issues that can affect different accounts very differently,  because the site is basically cobbled together with years worth of different updates.

It is not a conspiracy, it is just an error. 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply