Unfair negative feedback. Please help.

Hi everyone, 

I use this ID for only selling and had a store for a long time and closed it later.   

Now after this hard work of maintaining my 100% feedback, one buyer has today left me a negative feedback, saying the shoe colour in the pictures is white whereas it is grey item that she got. 

The negative feedback was left impulsively and before leaving feedback I got no message from the buyer  and I was not at all informed about the complaint she had. 

I request other fair eBay members please check the shoe colour in pictures.  As per me the pics have no white coloured shoes because they were not white in real. 

I mentioned at one place that shoes are beige.  But I didn't write the colour in the description.  That does not mean they become grey or white.   

The ones I posted out are very much the same shoes as in pictures so how can they become grey.   There are many similar Brooks shoes selling elsewhere online and are same as these. 

Please help.  My future as seller will be heavily impacted. 
My feedback has gone down by full 10% because I came back to selling after some urgent break and now got this reward.

I have written to eBay but still awaiting response. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Unfair negative feedback. Please help.

replies will be the same as the ones in the AC where you asked the same thing.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for informing.  I came to the Discussion Boards after a long time so wasn't sure that if I had written to AC then it means the same as DB.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I looked at the listing. I can see where she  got confused. However I can see beige in the listing and the pictures off white. Yes u are in a bit of trouble now with a 90% rating. I would contact ebay and state that its beige in listing and ask for it to be removed.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your suggestions.  

White is a very different colour and I still feel pictures too do not look white at all rathe dark beige.  
I showed it to many people here so that they could clarify that the shoes do not "look" white in pictures as they are not white in real and neither are they grey at all.

They are dull darkish beige (and not cream beige).
Possibly the buyer might be thinking that beige is supposed to be towards creamish and therefore the dark-dull beige shoes that she got are supposed to be called grey.

Yes.  If I do not meet with fair deal on eBay, I will close my account and open it else where.  

Heartbroken today as we leave our good jobs with a hope to build business one day and meet with totally buyer favoring atmosphere on eBay. 

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Shoe colour in photo does NOT look white to me. looks a beige sort of colour. And you do state this in the listing. I would hope eBay would remove that. Good luck.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Appeal the neg for sure... even if someone didn't read the listing properly they would not be white...maybe an off white but if they turned up on my doorstep I would not expect them to be true white... I also would have gone back to the listing and read it very well and noted MY mistake... 

ask Ebay to have a look and remove that neg. 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I would RING ebay, don't email, you'll get a totally ridiculous reply that won't make sense, because they pick out some key words from your email and an "auto-response" is what you'll get. Just ring them, it's plain as day to me that they will remove it, the description clearly says BEIGE.

Tip for future: write all listings for people who don't read them. Main features in BIG letters.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Sorry about your numpty buyer.  I can see how the buyer may think they are white, just for the fact many shoes like this are often white.  But as in the photo they are obviously not white, I would have checked the listing further and seen that they are beige.  They buyer has left you a negative for her own mistake of not reading the listing and the negative should be removed by eBay.

Good Luck.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for your fair support

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply