Unpaid dispute or wait?

*kats*
Community Member

Hi guys, just discovered the discussion forum and thought I would ask on here what you think I should do!:)

I had an item that ended a week ago today, still with no payment or any communication from the buyer. I normally send an invoice at about 5 days but found out eBay sends one anyway after a few days so I haven't bothered. I sent a message earlier this morning asking if they were still interested in the item as I haven't heard anything from them, and got an email from eBay saying that they are out of the office and an automated message from the eBayer saying she is away travelling for a year, and eBay says she will be back in office nearly this time next month.

I'm leaning towards opening a UPID, but after discovering these boards I had created my BBL and changed my buyer requirements to block out non-payers so I am trying to be patient...even though I have had about 5 in the last month, it is driving me insane!!!

Thanks in advance:)

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unpaid dispute or wait?

I open UID asap, no exceptions. All of my products are buy it now so 4 days is plenty of time to pay. If they make payment within the 8 days after purchase then no-one gets hurt. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I would open the unpaid item dispute now, it doesn't look likely that she will pay, and  you will get your final fees back.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It's always a good idea to send an invoice as ebays emails are only confirmations.

I send an invoice immediately and ebay send an automatic reminder 2 days after purchase.

I usually send a message at 5 days asking if there is a problem with payment.

If no response, I open an Unpaid Item Case and that can sometimes spur a response or payment.
If not, I close the case as soon as I can, 4 days after it's opened.
Final fees are returned, buyer gets a strike, I add them to my Block Bidders List and re-list the item.

In this caseI would open a case and not wait a month, unless the buyer contacts you personally and makes arragements.

They obviously have access to their account to make the purchase.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

*kats*
Community Member

Thanks everyone, just confirming what I thought! I am still waiting on payment for another few items in the same time frame, *sigh*. Will send invoices to everyone now and open a dispute in the next day or 2 to give time (I had a negative given to me for supposedly opening an UPID quickly, after a week of no payment or contact!! Luckily they didn't pay and eBay removed the negative).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I rely on the sold item email and the ebay reminder that is sent on day 2. If still nothing by end of day 3 I send an invoice with a note asking them to confirm how they have paid as I cannot trace their payment and an unpaid item dispute is opened automatically after 4 days. (I don't actually have it set to auto but they don't know that). If still nothing then I open a dispute at end of day 4.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

*kats*
Community Member

It would be nice if they all just paid straight away! We have moved recently and I just want everything out of my house and getting so annoyed with all these unpaid items - I just opened two disputes last night and nothing so far. Especially annoying as one of the items had no other interest except the one buyer so can't do a second chance offer.

Thanks for your reply:)

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply