Unpaid item case

Sorry this may end up a tad long!

I was selling a set of DVDs and someone bid and bought them. She did not pay and did not contact me and then I got the message that an unpaid item case was being opened and she had till X date to pay.

I contacted her and then she messaged back saying her boss had delayed her wages etc and she would pay in a few days and that I should cancel the case.

I did not

Anyway the case closed as she did not pay within that due time and she contacted me accusing me of stuffing her around :O!!!! and that she said she would pay etc etc

I told her that firstly she should not have bid if she did not have the money to pay and I had no guarantees that she would have paid if I had cancelled the case and sorry but she deserved an unpaid strike since she did not pay. Simple.

+ I was the one stuffed around as I needed money and then had to relist my item.

Was I wrong?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Unpaid item case

I am a bit confused. you got a message thet an UPI case was being opened?? You must have opened the dispute surely. If you did, then yes you had every right to, if it has now been closed it is over and she will have been issued a strike, and one that she deserves. Add her to your BBL, and personally I would pass on the emaiil she sent you to ebay. She has no right to accuse you of stuffing her around when clearly she was the one stuffing you around. Have no further contact with her, report any other messages you may receive to ebay

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I have had a few messages notifing me that a message has been sent to a buyer to pay by X date as they had not paid.

I have not opened any unpaid item cases ebay automatically sends me the following message.

Hi X,

We've told your buyer that we just opened an unpaid item case for XYZ.
If payment isn't received by XX-XX-12, you'll get a final value fee credit. We'll also record an unpaid item on the buyer's account.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

You are kidding, I had no idea that could be done. I am gong to go to the AC and ask them to look at this thread, and see what they think.

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Ebay... commencing Unpaid Items Cases off their own bat?

My goodness i can see a lot of trouble brewing over this news!

Some buyers and their sellers come to mutual arrangements of when a payment will be received....  This will have a big effect on those cases.

This is going to be intertesting....  ;\

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

mowermum
Community Member

You can automatically select ebay to automatically open unpaid item cases in your preferences.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

It is possible to set up your preferences so UPI case is opened automatically after 4 days.  Frankly I think that is too early, so I have it disabled.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

It is possible to set up your preferences so UPI case is opened automatically after 4 days.  Frankly I think that is too early, so I have it disabled.

You can set it up to open UPI cases automatically after 4, 8, 16, 24, or 32 days after the listing ended.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

You are kidding, I had no idea that could be done. I am gong to go to the AC and ask them to look at this thread, and see what they think.

There is no need to go to the AC as people that post here know the answers as well any one from there, and they come here as well and can reply if they feel the need too.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Hmmm  interesting. I did not know this.

Thanx ๐Ÿ™‚

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply