Update for Victorians from AP

From their email today:

No Weekend Collections in Victoria
There will be no collections in Victoria this weekend – the last pickup for the week will be Friday 28 August 2020 by 8pm and the next collection will be Monday 31 August 2020 commencing from 5am.

Victoria destined Parcels
With the massive demand and workforce capacity constraints, we foresee an additional 3 day delay for deliveries in Victoria. This is both within and into Victoria.

This means, any lodgements made in other States destined for Victoria may be held in those States for up to 3 business days to allow Victoria to work through the present demand.

Father's Day
For deliveries across Australia, we recommend at least the following lodgement dates for delivery before Father's Day on Sunday 6 September 2020:

• Parcel Post and letters – Friday 28 August 2020
  • Express Post parcels – Monday 31 August 2020

For items lodged after these dates, whilst we will try our best, we do not expect to be able to meet delivery for Father's Day.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Update for Victorians from AP

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
I can't remember the last time we had weekend pickups in regional NSW, even in the larger towns on the coast where I used to live.

It doesn't bother us at all, as we're used to it.

Some people have been spoilt 😄

Neither has Perth, or that's what they told me, perhaps with the exception of the Christmas period

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I found it useful information and hadn't seen earlier posts so the thread wasn't wasted.Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

What about the AP card warning that letters to your address will be delivered every second working day until 30 Jun 2021.  Some of my purchases are letter size and thickness.

PO Boxes - still 5 days a week.  Express Post - delivery every working day. 

Rural & Remote Locations - delivery frequency not affected.

I reckon once the new letter delivery system becomes the norm it won't be going back.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Until we moved closer to town late last year our mail was only delivered Tuesday and Thursday each week, with parcels, etc carded for pick up at the local post office.

At our new address we have mail deliveries 5 days per week, but still no parcel deliveries.

Less frequent deliveries are only very occasionally frustrating when you're waiting on something rather urgent, but not really a big problem these days with bills, etc generally being sent via email.

And with no parcel deliveries, at least you don't sit at home all day waiting for something, only to find that there was no attempt to knock and you have to go and pick it up anyway.

Life goes on, just at a slightly slower pace sometimes.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

QUOTE: And with no parcel deliveries, at least you don't sit at home all day waiting for something, only to find that there was no attempt to knock and you have to go and pick it up anyway.

I am housebound so I am at home all day. LOL

Some days seeing I am getting mail is also the highlight of the day.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I can completely understand that as, although we're not housebound, we do spend most of our time at home.

I was trying to lightheartedly comment on the complaints that some delivery people don't bother to knock and just card the item even though someone was home all day.

As my parents are housebound in Sydney, I don't like to send them anything larger than a large letter, in case they don't make it to the door in time as it's very difficult for them to arrange to have something picked up at the post office.
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I have the same problem as your parents - too slow to get to the door (I use a pick up walking frame). It's the bane of my life that delivery drivers can't wait just a few more minutes!

At least with COVID issues right now, a signed for delivery was thankfully left in my safe drop spot after the AP contractor called out to me, heard me reply and decided that was good enough for him to sign on my behalf without needing me to witness it....and he could then leave the parcel for me to get later.  I wish all parcel delivery staff had as much sense as that guy but sadly it isn't the case.

I'm not looking forward to when 'normal' signed delivery rules apply.  Sigh.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply