Update please - Postage delays in Canada

Some months ago I excluded Canade as a postage destination due to consistent and lengthy delays in the delivery of items.  Do others know if this has improved/resolved itself.  Canada was my 3rd biggest international market so I would like to get back into it if the delays are no longer an issue.

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Update please - Postage delays in Canada

Have sent a few parcels to Canada in 2016 , running at about 6 weeks delivery time. i always inform customers of this and they understand

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

My most recent package sent to Canada arrived quite quickly. It was sent Jan 10 and I just got the delivery notification (Jan 19). I only send parcels with tracking so can't help with letters. Hope that helps anyway.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks all.  I might give Canada another go (my late shipment defects will be back to 0 tomorrow) and just keep an eye on it. 

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

And Canadian customs is very strict adding to delays.

I'm a Seller in Ontario Canada. One of the main reason our postal service is slow is because of the sheer size of our country & sparse population disbursement.  

Yes Our Customs department is very strict. We are only allowed to import $20.00 with out being accessed a Clearance Fee & Taxes. Although most  Postal packages with a value less than $100 will be let through without extra fees, we believe this is because the labour to access those low value packages is more than the fees collected. Any item with a value of $20 over being shipped with a courier like UPS will be accessed a brokerage fee & taxes.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Thank you for posting decal-fx.

I knew your import limit was low but did not realise how low.   We are lucky here...the limit is $1000 for the time being although that is supposed to be changing very soon.

The rules here are similar regarding goods entering the country by courier (UPS, FedEx, DHL etc) rather than USPS which is part of the reason that the GSP is so expensive....there is more paperwork required for the goods to go through Customs.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

the sheer size of our country & sparse population disbursement.  

roflmao.gif

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Have just this week had two poster tubes take about four weeks from AU to Canada, different buyers.  The buyers put it down to the severe weather and snow in particular.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply