Useless waste of time using ebay REPORT AN ITEM LINK

How many times do you have to report the same seller for selling the same prohibited items..... I have lost count of one seller. 6 or 7 times at least. Half the time the person looking at the report does not know what they are looking at.. Pathetic. What a waste of time. Ebay lift your game. Rod.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Useless waste of time using ebay REPORT AN ITEM LINK

I reported a seller last week for misrepresentation of a number of items. Pictures clearly designed to make you believe you were bidding on something that you would not get. We had to retract a bid when we discovered we would not get what the pictures portrayed. When I complained to the seller we got some terse comments back.

Just got some fluffy words back from ebay but none of the listings have changed.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

So you have discovered that eBay is in business for themselves and good business is keeping those sales ticking over so that they can get their fee fix. They povide the link for you to report so it looks like they are pro-active. They will confirm that you have done the right thing and that they will investigate and penalise the seller if he is found in breach. You haven't (as far as they care), they won't and they don't. It would only get in the way of profit.

When you question their inaction, they will claim that they have acted but in the interests of member privacy, they cannot possibly tell you the result. If they weren't a commercial enterprise, we would be expected to vote them in every three years.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Rocket what type of item are you trying to report? If the item is prohibted by ebay then you would probably do better if you give them a call rather than using the report link in the listing as ebay receive millions of reports a week and it would be impossible for them to look at them all in depth.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Hey, Yes you are both right. They are mainly adult items. I have rang and been greeted with we did not know what they where, or did not understand the english language.... Only interested in profit.....

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I am all for reporting fake items, scam items and patently not as described items but am not going to waste my time reporting a listing that I can purchase from a hundred and one other sites or indeed from an overseas ebay site.

I am unsure what you consider a 'bad' enough adult item that you feel the need to report it, i have never seen anything more risqué than a vibrator or some rather tacky underwear.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

I am all for reporting fake items, scam items and patently not as described items but am not going to waste my time reporting a listing that I can purchase from a hundred and one other sites or indeed from an overseas ebay site.

I am unsure what you consider a 'bad' enough adult item that you feel the need to report it, i have never seen anything more risqué than a vibrator or some rather tacky underwear.

But you are obviously not a wowser.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

lenixyz
Community Member

After looking at your listings, aren't you the pot calling the kettle black?  You are selling prohibited items yourself.  Are you reporting this other seller because they are a competitor?

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Oh wow, I did not think to look at what the OP was selling.   It sure gives a whole new meaning to the pot/kettle saying.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Hello Gentlemen, It is obvious you do not know ebay rules. Every thing I am selling is ok by ebay's rules. I was having a gripe at the sellers that continuely list items that are not allowed. Rod.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply