Very slow Australia Post service.

jaffajulie1974
Community Member

I sent a birthday card to my brother on the 22nd January and it finally arrived today. He lives about 790kms from here in Sydney. How long will our Ebay sales take to get to our buyers if this is how long a card takes. Not impressed with the new 2 speed postal service that they have the hide to charge more for.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Very slow Australia Post service.

@x3n0m wrote:

(basically given express treatment)

That service is called Express Post and costs a lot more .. a priority stamp gives you the same standard service we had before .. we are being ripped off and messed with .. plain and simple ..

No standard post is still the same 1-6 days priority post is quicker 1-4 days I do not see how you can say we are being ripped off we have just been given an extra service which you do not have to purchase.

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

"No standard post is still the same 1-6 days priority post is quicker 1-4 days I do not see how you can say we are being ripped off we have just been given an extra service which you do not have to purchase."

.. a quick search on the auspost website shows this:

What else's changed?

Delivery time for Regular mail: Our standard letter service takes a bit longer than before - an extra 1-2 business days in most cases. But it's still the most cost-effective option for non-urgent mail.

So you are in fact mistaken about this to say the least ..

"I had a non priority large letter get from regional NSW to regional Victoria in 3 days last week. It has been known to take 2-3 weeks in the past!"

Give it a little more time and they will show their hand .. the auspost management will not be able to contain their greed on this cash cow and will begin milking it from every angle for every penny ASAP .. milking will proceed once the  heat has died off a little .. this is incremental boil and auspost upper management will aggressively pursue their performance bonuses plus there are a few facets to all this I havn't mentioned as in all honesty if people are having trouble digesting what has happened to date then obviously won't like it when Chicken Little (myself) pulls out a crystal ball and interprets what they are up to next .. just you wait and see .. and please TT don't insinuate that the standard rate will get you quicker delivery than before ausposts recent extotionate letter rate cost increases, that kind of completely unfounded assumption/analogy is quite ridiculous in light of the statement on auspost's website and information widely spread by Australian mainstream media .. I would like to be proven wrong on this but need to see proof of this faster deliberately slowed mail service and obviously doubt it will ever ever ever happen ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summing up:

So obviously the new product that Auspost has developed for us is slower mail at approximately 50% additional cost .. it is not the scam priority post product as they would like you to think, The priority stamp option has replaced the old standard letter delivery rate .. it is becoming very obvious to myself that the people perpetrating this scam against the Australian population believe they have gotten away with this insult and that we are for the mostpart gullible fools .. I personally am starting to believe they are entirely correct in their assumptions ..

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

In summing up:

So obviously the new product that Auspost has developed for us is slower mail at approximately 50% additional cost .. it is not the scam priority post product as they would like you to think, The priority stamp option has replaced the old standard letter delivery rate .. it is becoming very obvious to myself that the people perpetrating this scam against the Australian population believe they have gotten away with this insult and that we are for the mostpart gullible fools .. I personally am starting to believe they are entirely correct in their assumptions ..

Standard mail delivery is 1-6 days which is what it was before the change priority mail is 1-4 days up to 2 days quicker than what standard mail was before the change. I must admit when I first heard about the changes I was worried but the reality is yes post went up from $0.70 to $1.00 but the items I post as large letters are getting the just as quick as they did before if that makes me a gullible fool well I have been called worse and as long as my post keeps getting delivered in the same amount of time I see not reason to complain about the delivery times

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

My mistake, I must have been hallucinating when my buyer sent me a message 3 days after I posted thanking me for posting so quickly and raving about how much they loved their purchase. I must have imagined the feedback they left for me too. I suppose if I'm hallucinating again, I probably should make an appointment with my shrink and get some new meds to stop me seeing things that aren't really there. Dr.Jekyll Mr.Hyde

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

Waiting 1 month for package to come from Sydney to Adelaide.
What a joke shame Australia Post.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

A month is almost nothing in the scheme of things. Like reviving a years old thread.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Feel better for getting that off your chest?

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply