Very slow Australia Post service.

jaffajulie1974
Community Member

I sent a birthday card to my brother on the 22nd January and it finally arrived today. He lives about 790kms from here in Sydney. How long will our Ebay sales take to get to our buyers if this is how long a card takes. Not impressed with the new 2 speed postal service that they have the hide to charge more for.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

It is also common knowledge that if an item isn't selling, increase the price. Works nearly every time.

I am happy for that you have found a formulae that works for you to improve your sales  ..

I am thinking you are trying to be helpful but am not entirely convinced as must admit I am getting a confused message from you now .. I am interpretting that you are claiming that now that auspost has put up its prices drastically that a hoard of customers will flock in and buy from us now that our item prices are escalating as a result? .. I am not really getting it but perhaps this logic will make sense after I have slept ..

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

No, what I was saying was, if an item is slow to sell for whatever reason, putting the price up, instead of down, seems to cause it to sell quicker. I have no idea why, but in most cases, it works. I don't think it's the same with AP. They can charge whatever they like because people need to use them. Most people either don't know they can post parcels with a courier or it's just not a suitable option for them. Letters, there is no choice. Unfortunately, no amount of whinging in a forum is going to change it.

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

"No, what I was saying was, if an item is slow to sell for whatever reason, putting the price up, instead of down, seems to cause it to sell quicker. I have no idea why, but in most cases, it works. I don't think it's the same with AP. They can charge whatever they like because people need to use them. Most people either don't know they can post parcels with a courier or it's just not a suitable option for them. Letters, there is no choice. Unfortunately, no amount of whinging in a forum is going to change it."

I can't argue with most of that as it dovetails exactly with my thoughts on those matter, but is kind of off topic .. the bolded part of the quote I have an issue with as it would appear there is a hard-core group of posters here who would like to shout the warning message down that our days of prosperity are numbered due to the traitorous relationship our government has with the malthusian scum that is/are sending a wrecking ball through our economy ..

I think it is important people know what is going on in this country and that our government is selling our children's future down the river due to their incestuous relationship with big businesss interests intent on ripping us (the Australian population at large) a new one .. those same big business interests use the most exploitive techniques at their disposal to rip off and dehumanise as many of our citizens as possible for the most amount of profit hence you will often hear me mention the ACCC being a corrupt and complicit stooge to these vandals and I will incessently point out that this is bad for our country and lead to less employment and business opportunity for Australian based business people, more profits for fly by night raiders with swiss bank accounts and is top down corruption which is a pestulent malignancy on Australian society .. I can see no harm in expousing/expressing my viewpoint in a forum that relates directly to the subject matter at hand? I do admit I would like to change the way our ACCC routinely makes Australian based businesses unviable so their American Chamber of Commerce friends (among others) can ride rough shod over the Australian populace but as you mentioned no amount of whinging in a forum will change that .. I think it is important that people know that for the mostpart our government is a lapdog to corruption/collusion by irresposible/traitorous corporations and big business of the most deviant kind .. thats all ..

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

Express away, but unfortunately it won't make any difference to big businesses. We can whinge all we like but it won't make them change their practices. Nothing will happen until Australia turns into a 3rd world country, which it will. They'll then sit back and say "ooops".

Agree totally about the ACCC, they are as corrupt as anything. 

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

Express away, but unfortunately it won't make any difference to big businesses. We can whinge all we like but it won't make them change their practices. Nothing will happen until Australia turns into a 3rd world country, which it will. They'll then sit back and say "ooops".

Agree totally about the ACCC, they are as corrupt as anything. 

Well you have made my day .. I am very happy with that reponse .. problem is they won't even say oooops but wiill go feral and turn us into slaves and will happily usher in a new golden age of neo feudalism and crony capitalism .. without unions we are stuffed and they know it .. there is a DVD called "The Take" by Avi Lewis which shows what will need to be done to save this country from complete decimation after they have had their way with us and flown away to their Swiss Bank Accounts and Caymen Island Trust Funds etc .. so sad .. you have a nice day their Tippy Toes ..

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

I have been using the new priority letter stamps and they seem to be delivered really fast. I usually only use them if I post something one or two days late. I have been posting some with and some without so good luck to Australia Post sorting the difference out.

I am guessing they stuffed up the logistics of it all, or it is there for a little wriggle room. As compared to holding something back that doesn't have it.  I am guessing the majority of letters don't use it.

Another thing I have notice with parcels is if it is an eParcel it gets delivered very quickely as compared to a standard parcel. Not only do business' get a better postage rate but they also have 2 standards of service with parcels.

I am also curious as to when they will increase the price again because less letters are sent next year. A basic parcel is $7.80 (i think) and a 500g letter is $5 (with no tracking). Will they increase the price of a letter or reduce the sevice to a few days a week....

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

The Auspost CEO originally proposed that the two speed letter service would be $1.00 for priority and remain at 70cents stamps for a deliberately slowed service thus ushering in a new product for their supposedly stuggling letter delivery service (very productive huh?) .. anyway somehow we ended up paying $1 per stamp for the deliberately slowed service and need to pay an additional 50 cent for a priority stamp to get the priority service which is apparently the same speed as the old standard rate service .. so in fact you are paying $5.50 for a 500gram letter plus if selling on ebay you would also be paying a 55 cent commision on top of that to ebay (all approved by our traitorous ACCC) and of course related paypal fees on top of that .. I have no doubt things will go rapidly downhill from here concerning anything to do with postal deliveries within Australia and that the CEO will be offered massive perfomance bonuses for the lacklustre puke now served up by auspost .. the final insult will be when they start spinning off sectors of our public utility to sell to their monopoly practices mates who have been grovelling and lobbying our government to sell off our highly profitable public utility to private interests for many years .. in fact I hear that the auspost CEO has been imploring the government to do exactly that and ebay international offered 1 Billion to buy auspost lock stock and barrel but their lowball conniving offer was refused by the government at that time .. Fahour (the Auspost CEO) has been known to make important upcoming auspost structural change announcements directly before the American Chamber of Commerce prior to even informing employeees of Auspost what they will be in for .. we be screwed ..

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I have been using the new priority letter stamps and they seem to be delivered really fast. I usually only use them if I post something one or two days late. I have been posting some with and some without so good luck to Australia Post sorting the difference out.

I am guessing they stuffed up the logistics of it all, or it is there for a little wriggle room. As compared to holding something back that doesn't have it.  I am guessing the majority of letters don't use it.

The new priority stamp is basically a QR product code so all that will happen is this will be scanned and the letters with it will be sorted to be handled immediately (basically given express treatment) the rest will continue and go through the normal system. I do not see this as holding post back normal post gets treated the same as post has been priority is getting push through the system quicker. To me you can now buy express post for an extra  $0.50 a bargin IMHO

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

(basically given express treatment)

That service is called Express Post and costs a lot more .. a priority stamp gives you the same standard service we had before .. we are being ripped off and messed with .. plain and simple ..

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

I had a non priority large letter get from regional NSW to regional Victoria in 3 days last week. It has been known to take 2-3 weeks in the past! I doubt it would have been any quicker using the priority sticker. Unless a buyer asks for one, I'm sending without. Due to having a 5 day handling time, most of my letters and parcels arrive before the first estimate date, which seems to make buyers happy.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply