WHY HAVE EBAY SALES CRASHED

I have found in the last three weeks that my sales volumes on ebay are down by about 70% ... same listings ... same promotional discounts and no other changes on my side...

Are you other sellers finding the same?

My sales of same products OUTSIDE ebay have not changed, and now subsidising my ebay fees.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: WHY HAVE EBAY SALES CRASHED

I have started importing some really awesome items, and was thinking of starting up selling again, but honestly, with all the rules and regs, and money backs and 180 days, fvf postage, well I could go on forever,  think I will stick with the BM and retail distribution.

I honestly don't know how sellers cope with all the 'one sided' rules that are now in place.

Seriously, how do you actually mange to have a working model of a business when you are not guaranteed the income per month is going to actually be yours down the track?

Only on eBay....

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

I have started importing some really awesome items, and was thinking of starting up selling again, but honestly, with all the rules and regs, and money backs and 180 days, fvf postage, well I could go on forever,  think I will stick with the BM and retail distribution.

I honestly don't know how sellers cope with all the 'one sided' rules that are now in place.

Seriously, how do you actually mange to have a working model of a business when you are not guaranteed the income per month is going to actually be yours down the track?

Only on eBay....

Perfectly said greencat.....Pitty i cant Kudo this 1 million timesSmiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

I'm sorry to be a paid but I dont know anything about 180 days for Retuns or Money Back ... That's would just be impossible!

Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

Of course auction items are selling as buyers are after anything they can get cheap,but try getting them to actually purchase a BIN item that is worth every dollar -no chance as most buyers are only after a bargain.

It makes buyers appear not too bright as I am selling auction items second hand for more than similar items new in my store. I have a top up at the moment which has reached over twenty bucks already with eight bucks postage and they could have the same top brand new for 32 bucks and free postage!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

It makes buyers appear not too bright as I am selling auction items second hand for more than similar items new in my store. I have a top up at the moment which has reached over twenty bucks already with eight bucks postage and they could have the same top brand new for 32 bucks and free postage!

.. ebay is definitely broken when your buyers are stuck buying your second hand overpriced auction items when your fair priced for sale items are well hidden in best match search result they cannot see .. only a matter of time now ..

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

I fear that the only Christmas spirit that eBay's sellers are going to be experiencing this year is the type that comes in 700ml screw-top bottles.
Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

My sales for Sept - Oct totalled $5.80 to a UK buyer. At that time I had around 100 items listed, mix of auct & BIN. No money coming in, no money going out is the simple equation I work by! 

It appears that ebay have rolling blackouts. Sometimes your items can be seen, sometimes they can't. Simple as that!

I've sold on ebay this last fortnight & even today, with less items listed. I now have money to spend. Ebay forgets that sellers are also buyers!

What kept me slightly afloat & alive were my Quicksales sales over the lean ebay time. No fees to pay to list or sell on the QS site was helpful. That's my take on bad sales & why I'm  not buying!

Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

How is that possible? How can you have 100-odd items listed for 2 months yet only make 1 sale? That's almost inconceivable to me.

And here I was complaining because so far this month I've only sold 23 items from 22 sales for a gross amount of $503.20, although by the time I deduct postage, and eBay's & Paypal's fees, my nett income is only a miserable $360.60.

Admittedly I'm selling mainly low-priced items with only a couple of relatively high-ticket items amongst them, but given the effort involved and the fact that eBay, Paypal, & Australia Post are taking 28% of my gross between them, it's just not worth it.

I bend over backwards to give my buyers the best possible service yet I've already had one buyer unfairly hit me with low DSRs, and another just a couple of days ago defected me in retaliation for refusing to accept offers on 2 x $10 items which didn't even have Best Offer listed.

What hurt most was the fact that the items were posted the very same day he ordered them, and I undercharged the postage by almost $2 yet he gave me just 1 DSR star for each category on both items. I suppose I should be grateful that only one defect per transaction is recorded, but I'm still pretty upset about it.

Is it any wonder sellers are walking away in disgust? It's not only eBay's greed and the appalling conditions that we have to tolerate, but ratbag buyers who couldn't give a toss about anybody but themselves who are quite happy to screw you over for a lousy dollar as well, and it's simply no longer worth all the aggro.
Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

These responses really are a bit of a worry ... some of you have been on ebay for a long time and your concerns must concern us all, more particularly those of us who have built our businesses on the ebay opportunity and perceived stability.

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply