WHY HAVE EBAY SALES CRASHED

I have found in the last three weeks that my sales volumes on ebay are down by about 70% ... same listings ... same promotional discounts and no other changes on my side...

Are you other sellers finding the same?

My sales of same products OUTSIDE ebay have not changed, and now subsidising my ebay fees.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

C E O's have always been & always will be paid Multi Million $$$ Salaries, regardless of how the Co performs , sadly to say. They can run it into the ground and walk away with their pockets full. Until they ( the shareholders ) realise that, no one really cares. Bottom Line $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ .

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

If ebay sellers are experiencing a downturn of somewhere around 70% ... the market simply could not have schrunk by that much ...

... Where have the buyers gone and what should ebay do to get the buyers back.

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

I reckon a fair percentage of the buyers that are not spending dosh on eBay currently are or were eBay sellers. Ironic really.
Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

"I reckon a fair percentage of the buyers that are not spending dosh on eBay currently are or were eBay sellers. Ironic really."

CORRECTAMUNDO catspjs .. and ebays haste to promote their department stores sellers has pretty much sucked all the oxygen away .. the department store sellers do not spend anything on ebay, that is what mum and pop sellers did .. the churn has gone .. let the burn commence ..

unfortunately postal costs also factor in as it is cheaper for our overseas competitoors to post to Australia than it is for us to post the same item/s to our neighbouring suburb ..

and as if that wasn't all enough ebay has become glitch city where we can no longer run reliable auctions, contact sellers/buyers or have a working postage calculater .. things are so bad that I have had to start listing my expensive stuff elsewhere .. will still leave some cheapy stuff on ebay but am gravitating away now ..

Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

In my experience only a win-win relationship can stand the test of time.

It seems to me that buyers are getting a pretty good deal, ebay is getting good fees, but I am working for less than $5 per hour, and it appears that I am not alone in my dissatisfaction.

If I am so poor at selling, then why is my trading outside ebay holding up ?

Ebay (in principal) is perfect for me because some of the items I stock are rare and I need nationwide exposure, so that I and buyers who are having difficulty finding them can find each other.

Ebay used to work well, so what’s happened.

Surely ebay can go back to their original recipe that worked so well.

I am not a blogger, this being the first time I've posted anything and I welcome suggestions ...

I just cant see any alternative to ebay in my situation.

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

I just cant see any alternative to ebay in my situation.

I would hate to be in a situation where I needed ebay .. I feel your pain ..

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

Of course auction items are selling as buyers are after anything they can get cheap,but try getting them to actually purchase a BIN item that is worth every dollar -no chance as most buyers are only after a bargain.

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

Thank you

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

My sales where down around 75 % too for the past month.  I blamed it on the Melbourne Cup period and now the election.  I emailed another seller in my area, and they too were down. 

My sales have picked up dramatically in the last week and a half, still a little down, but I am hoping buyers will soon get into the Christams Spirit.

I hope your sales pick up, Hang in there.:)

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

This is my opinion.....

Yep.Ebay is coming to an end..Slowly but surely.

Im buying more and more nowdays straight from online stores.

Have noticed ebay item prices going up and up slowly due to all these ebay policies/fees etc they keep coming up with which hit ebay sellers, therefore, sellers pass this onto their customers as they have no choice..

Should be renamed "greedbay"..

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply