WILL ANYONE SHARE THEIR POSTAGE ''SECRETS''

I ship with Aus post now

most of my items fit in 500g bags ($7.15 plus around 50c for bag)

3kg bags ($11.70 plus around 50c p bag)

this is using the ebay/aus post options 

is there a courier service that is better rates?

or is there a better way to be less for Aus post?

or another way i cant think of ?

thanks for your replies 🙂

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: WILL ANYONE SHARE THEIR POSTAGE ''SECRETS''

ozziecentral
Community Member

AusPost eparcel - give them a call and ask them what they can do for you

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

You can use generic BX1 boxes which cost about 40c.  I've lodged them at various Australia Post outlets including Melbourne CBD on Elizabeth St - who you would expect would know what they are about - with not even a raised eyebrow.

Another trick is to used the assessed postage options.  The 500g flat rate is standard across Australia even if you send it next door HOWEVER if you send something bigger within the same state (and won't fit in a BX1 box), it is worth checking the Australia Post Parcel cost in the same drop down menu of the ebay label page.  Put the dimensions in + weight and it can be as little as $9.   

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

most of my items fit in 500g bags ($7.15 plus around 50c for bag)

I save a lot of money $8+ a parcel

Ploise esplain.

As has been said before, horses for courses.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

If the OP is mainly paying less than $8 per parcel with AP for most of their postage, how can they save $8+ by using a courier?

Please explain. I am very interested in knowing the trick, as I am in the same position. In that most of my parcels are under 500g.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Your just a buyer with NO experience so take a walk. 

The same as you?

You have nothing for sale on this ID, I have 60 items, and significantly more on my store account.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@247newdeals wrote:

Your just a buyer with NO experience so take a walk. 

The same as you?

You have nothing for sale on this ID, I have 60 items, and significantly more on my store account.

Just because you put a few second-hand books up for sale do not think that makes you a seller pmslol

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

That was not the question. I sell them, then have to post them.

So, how do I save $8 on $7.30 AP postage?

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

That was not the question. I sell them, then have to post them.

So, how do I save $8 on $7.30 AP postage?

Serious what is wrong with you? why do you and your 3 friends feel the need to hijack every thread about couriers? What is it your trying to achieve, if you put half the effort, you put into sabotaging threads on couriers, into selling you might even make yourself $10 a week

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

Anyway I have wasted enough time on here so dig away Dave have fun knock yourself out. Well done you turned another thread that could have been informative into a total waste 

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Anyway I have wasted enough time on here so dig away Dave have fun knock yourself out. Well done you turned another thread that could have been informative into a total waste 

How so? 

This was a thread started to ask about postge methods in general, not just about couriers.

What you are missing is that couriers are not for everyone, so just leave off with your complaints about other members giving information that you do not approve of.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply