WITHHELD PAYMENTS AND BAD LINKS

Seller fees may be slightly less, but in our case eBay asked us to send some business information and upload a document (even though I have had an ebay store for 14 years and been in business for 40 years) which is generally easy but the link doesn't work and just comes up with "how embarrassing something went wrong ,try again later". It has been saying the same thing for a month so they are withholding a month of sales through no fault of our own, I have spoken to eBay about it a number of times and so far nothing has been fixed. I have tried Mac, PC iPad iPhone and different browsers and also different IPs and nothing is different so it is definitely a problem at eBays end which I am paying for. If you want your income withheld go with "managed payments" but bear in mind they have total control of your money when you sign up. If we are not the only ones I can just imagine the interest they are making!

Has anyone else had this issue??? 

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: WITHHELD PAYMENTS AND BAD LINKS

What is a solicitor going to do?

Ebay really should have fixed these issues by now, considering they've been rolling out this programme a long time and at a minimum they shouldn't be attempting to sign up anyone who is not a sole trader. Maybe you can ask customer service to "reset" the account and remove you from managed payments for the time being.

If others have found a way around this nonsense, hopefully they will come to this thread and contribute.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

What is a solicitor going to do?

Ebay really should have fixed these issues by now, considering they've been rolling out this programme a long time and at a minimum they shouldn't be attempting to sign up anyone who is not a sole trader. Maybe you can ask customer service to "reset" the account and remove you from managed payments for the time being.

If others have found a way around this nonsense, hopefully they will come to this thread and contribute.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Managed-Payments-and-Partnerships/m-p/2417643

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

As can be seen from Sugar's link I was in the same place as you some 5 months ago.  Our partnership is 20+ years and we have been on ebay as long as it has been in Australia.  We were also required to provide a "Letter of Authority" for the other partner and had trouble uploading it.  Never could get it to work on Firefox but did eventually on Chrome, also required several other Stat Decs.  Not sure if its still available but I dealt with the Management Payments Team directly, but I can't find the link any longer.  The woman I spoke was actually quite helpful and knew her stuff.

As an aside after 5 months on MP, funds were suddenly put on hold, and I had to reverify the Bank Account that eBay has been sending MP funds to for the last 4 months.  From the start eBay have handled this appallingly, its not like Partnerships, and Trusts are some new fangled untried financial instrument.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

I have exactly the same issue. My last payout was on the 13th October 2021. Since 16th October 2021, I have contacted them on at least 6 different occasions, only to be told it's a technical issue.

The last time was over a week ago and they said I should have answer within 72 hours. Lucky I didn't wait up for it!

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

We get the same blurb and never get a reply other than the "we have forwarded it to the technical team" . I have contacted consumer affairs who put me on to the Victorian Small Business Council and the ACCC, I have spoken to both so I will post the results when they get back to me. 

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

I am in the same boat, have had my payments on hold since mid October, i have lost count of how many times ive contacted ebay and get the same answer every time. Would appreciate you caomtacting me with the reply from ACCC and Consumer affairs. I am owed by ebay well over $1000.00 now

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Almost pleased to see I am not the only one in this car crash.On the plus side Ebay is taking our documents but I think it is all smoke and mirrors.Not sure what the end game is here.I have uploaded the documentation 3 times now and still get the same response.Please upload yadda yadda yadda again.We have been selling on Ebay for 5 years now.100% feedback,no issues ever.The only returns have been buyers change of mind.So far we have $7000 locked up in managed payments.I would also very much like to know what the result is with the reply from ACCC and Consumer.As per Ebay terms and conditions they can only hold funds for 30 days so not sure how they are getting away with this.I have read blog after blog to try work out what we might have inadvertently done wrong but thinking we might be caught in a algorithm loop.Just today we received an MC011 but the store was opened back up but we can't list and the other store is still selling but payments still on hold.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

So far the VSBC has been the most helpful , the ACCC say it is  Consumer Affairs area , not sure if they are taking may issue further but they did take a lot of information, I think the more people complain the more likely any government body will act. VSBC applications are at https://www.vsbc.vic.gov.au/application-forms/   the ACCC https://www.accc.gov.au/site-search/complaint and Consumer Affairs who I believe should be the ones to act is at  https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au in Vic

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

$7000! Have you had any joy unlocking your money yet? they only owe me $2400

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Has anyone rung Adyen, to see if they can assist?

adyen sydney office - Google Search

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply