Wanting to leave Neg Feedback for an unpaid item issue

So the buyer won the auction(no other bids) gave 0% communication to me and i sent 2 emails requiring payment to proccess and post the item,nothing.

Opened an unpaid item case,went on,nothing,case ceased,i relisted the item but still pee'd off people can do this and not get in trouble for it,so frustrating.

Anyway i'm over it and as said it's relisetd,i can click on leave feedback but only option is Positive or i'll leave it later,neither of which is any use to me obviously so how can i make the communnity aware of this tool.please don't say i can't!

Greg

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Wanting to leave Neg Feedback for an unpaid item issue

You can't.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Simple, close the case so you get your fee back and buyer gets a strike.

Neg feedback is useless but the new strike system means he won't be able to bid or buy from anyone with blocks on their account.

Also set your blocks if you haven't - http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Unfortunately there is little you can do to provide truthful, authentic feedback for a buyer that reflects an actual experience with a non-paying buyer.

The practice that I have adopted with non payers is open a non-payment dispute. 

Just prior (minutes prior to closing the case) and as AFAIK is consistent with the eBay policies boundaries I leave postive feedback just prior to closure of the non payment dispute (after the 4 days to the minute that eBay allows) leave as feedback "thank you for your purchase" as it is the truth.

I then close the dispute so the buyer receives a non payment strike.

After the dispute is closed, I then leave a follow up to the feedback comment that i have left. 

This provides further detail (and an honest assessment) of the transaction - something along the lines of " no payment or contact made by buyer" 

I try and leave a follow up comment that is as inpersonal and objective as possible, so that that there is little chance of having the follow up comment removed as possible.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Most blocks don't do anything whatsoever to serial non-payers. All they do is start up a new account with 0 feedback to avoid being blocked due to multiple non-payment strikes etc. and go on their $0 shopping spree again until they find that everyone has blocked them as soon as they have received their second non-payment strike once again.

Additionally, the feedback-related blocks have been redundant for a number of years, as receiving a negative does not subtract from your feedback score as it used to in the early days of eBay - it is impossible to have a feedback score of less than 0. Back then, a dodgy seller who opened a new account (and therefore a score of 0) could receive say 5 negatives in a row and their score would become -5. These days, they would have a score of 5 with all reds in the comments - neutrals also add 1 to their score, as do "green" negatives toward non-paying buyers.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

Unfortunately there is little you can do to provide truthful, authentic feedback for a buyer that reflects an actual experience with a non-paying buyer.

The practice that I have adopted with non payers is open a non-payment dispute. 

Just prior (minutes prior to closing the case) and as AFAIK is consistent with the eBay policies boundaries I leave postive feedback just prior to closure of the non payment dispute (after the 4 days to the minute that eBay allows) leave as feedback "thank you for your purchase" as it is the truth.

I then close the dispute so the buyer receives a non payment strike.

After the dispute is closed, I then leave a follow up to the feedback comment that i have left. 

This provides further detail (and an honest assessment) of the transaction - something along the lines of " no payment or contact made by buyer" 

I try and leave a follow up comment that is as inpersonal and objective as possible, so that that there is little chance of having the follow up comment removed as possible.

catspjs I like your thinking - perhaps I will try something similar next time (I have been ebaying since the 90s and just had my first unpaid item!)

Where you say "thankyou for your purchase", I myself would probably say 'thankyou for your winning bid' (or similar) as I take a purchase to mean something has been paid for?  Regardless I think it is shameful that ebay has removed the ability for sellers to leave honest feedback.......

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
Most blocks don't do anything whatsoever to serial non-payers. All they do is start up a new account with 0 feedback to avoid being blocked due to multiple non-payment strikes etc. and go on their $0 shopping spree again until they find that everyone has blocked them as soon as they have received their second non-payment strike once again.

Additionally, the feedback-related blocks have been redundant for a number of years, as receiving a negative does not subtract from your feedback score as it used to in the early days of eBay - it is impossible to have a feedback score of less than 0. Back then, a dodgy seller who opened a new account (and therefore a score of 0) could receive say 5 negatives in a row and their score would become -5. These days, they would have a score of 5 with all reds in the comments - neutrals also add 1 to their score, as do "green" negatives toward non-paying buyers.

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, sellers can still get into a negative number with feedback. From my experience, once they get to -5, they become NARU. There are plenty of Chinese scammers who have fake listings to maximise buyers, then by the time the buyers realise it's a scam, it's too late. They then start leaving negs and it all goes downhill from there.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Also you can block members with either zero or 1 that are not phone verified.

Have a look at the blocks available in site prefs, buyer req.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I thought feedback could only go up from zero these days, not down. I'm fairly sure my score went up by exactly 1 when I copped my first negative earlier this year - over a $2 game.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

As I said, unless it's changed recently, +1 for positive, -1 for negative. If you have 0 feedback and your first feedback is a neg, your feedback drops to -1.........unless it's changed recently (as in the last month or so).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply