Warning to sellers: keep a lot of photos of your item.

gab7788
Community Member

I had a buyer who had an old item similar to what I was selling ( near new) and wanted to send that one back for a refund. 

Stating that some numbers are different from the one was in the listing.

Luckilly I had more photos on my computer to prove that mine had no number on at all.

So sellers beware of this trick.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Obviously

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I would certainly hope all but brand new sellers are aware

Common as days ending in y

How many photos did you have on the original listing?

Assumingly if it did not show the area where the number was’nt .... unless the buyer did not open an INAD case

Photos on your computer don’t prove anything to eBay 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The problem is if the buyer opens a dispute for SNAD and returns a different item, eBay will still side with buyer as they have said in the past "we don't physically see the item sent to the buyer so we need to side with the buyer". Has happened to me and many others 😡

in my case the item returned was well used, a completely different style and eBay said because the buyer "returned an item" they were entitled to a refund.  I fought this for weeks showing what I sold, what I received back, and "in good faith" eBay refunded me whilst they buyer got a refund, my new item, and I had to fork out for return postage.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thx guys, at least I know what to expect  - he opened a case! he must be skilled

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply